Negative G's

Re: Negative G\'s

[ QUOTE ]
Nope, we lifted the nose and dropped it instantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure he was not demonstrating stalls to you?

Ya know, maybe you should just ask the instructor about it (!). None of us were there, so we don't know exactly what you did; if you just ask the guy what it was you can clear all of this up!

Thanks for the replies..
While flying back to the airport, the Flight instructor asks me if I know what Negative G's are. I answered his question by telling him what they exactly are but I never experienced them. He proceeded by lifting the nose and dropping it, it lasted around 3-5 seconds.

sounds like it's him just having fun. But i know the seminoles should not be put in negative g's (per POH) yes it is rated for -1.52, but that doesnt mean you can do it. It will starve the tanks (doesnt have inverted tanks).

I dont know if the cherokee is the same. Just making an observation.

[ QUOTE ]
sounds like it's him just having fun. But i know the seminoles should not be put in negative g's (per POH) yes it is rated for -1.52, but that doesnt mean you can do it. It will starve the tanks (doesnt have inverted tanks).

I dont know if the cherokee is the same. Just making an observation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. Further to your point, any undue or unnecessary pilot-induced stress on the airframe near, or exceeding tolerances, except in emergency, is:

1. wholly unnecessary, and
2. poor piloting technique.

MD

Back