needing information on 141 schools

thehobbit

I'm looking for va approved 141 schools in central Florida that have cessna 150 or 152's? also what is the limit? I know they say sixty percent of the cost but their has to be a limit.

I'm looking for va approved 141 schools in central Florida that have cessna 150 or 152's? also what is the limit? I know they say sixty percent of the cost but their has to be a limit.

b3,

Can't answer your question about the Cen FL thing but I can answer to an extent about the VA. I'm currently using my VA to get my instrument rating.

First things first, you have to have your PPL before the VA will refund anything. They consider the PPL recreational and this is an out of pocket expense. After that, the VA will reimburse you UP TO 60% of approved course costs for your training. Your school must be 141 AND they must have the course approval.

The reason they say UP TO 60% is because they will only cover X amount of hours for commercial training. Once you exceed that amount, then it's all on you. Also, you will pay up front; and then the flight school at the end of the month will do a monthly certification report which consits of all training done during that month and submit it to the VA. The VA will then reimburse you after the paperwork is complete.

Some people say it takes a long time to get your first reimbursement from the VA but I have electronic funds transfer with the VA so it doesn't take much time at all.

Anyhow hope this help, you can check out the VA website for more specific answers.

http://www.gibill.va.gov/

Good luck,

Chris

let me rephrase the question. does anybody here know of any central florida schools that are VA 141 approved that use ifr equipped cessna 150 or 152's.

Back