Need Some Advise!!!

JustinA

I am currently in college at MTSU. I graduate in December with a degree in Aerospace Administration. I received my CFI about a month ago and I can't find a job here in middle TN. I have about 70 grand worth of loans to pay off after I graduate. (flying and college tution) Obvouisly the airline industry isn't looking great. I am thinking about trying to get a job using my degree when I graduate instead of trying to get a flying job. A part time CFI job would also be great. Do you guys know what kind of jobs I can get with a Aerospace Administration degree? I know Airport Management, OPS, etc.. But I can't seem to find any jobs. I am willing to move anywhere pretty much. Any help would be MUCH appreaciated.

Thanks, Justin

Good luck in your search. Be sure to use spell check on your resume. And, I believe you are looking for ADVICE. Keep instructing if you can, so when this industry and economy turn around, you are ready to go.

Get in line. There's about thousands of hungry people in front of you in that line, who already have the experience.

Your basic degree is in transportation. You might want to considier some other alternatives in the transportation indusdtry. Consider an entry level operations position in trucking, railroads, any form of shipping.

If you are just looking for a foot in the door at an airline, consider crew scheduling or dispatch. Crew scheduling doesn't pay much, but it is great way to get in and start making some contacts. Dispatch requires a license, but if you get it, there is an entry level job paying in the mid-twenties or so.

Another position you might consider is ground instructor. Both airlines, and training companies like Flight Safety hire ground instructors to conduct new hire Basic Indoc, Systems, and CRM classe all the time. I knew a couple of guys that never flew professionally, but hired on as ground school instructors. As part of that, they eventually got checked on the CRJ, and occasionally flew the line.

Just some ideas.

Transportation? My degree does not involve Transportation. Aerospace Admin degree invloves: airline mgmt, airport mgmt, FBO mgmt , or it does at MTSU. Thanks though.

Transportation? My degree does not involve Transportation. Aerospace Admin degree invloves: airline mgmt, airport mgmt, FBO mgmt , or it does at MTSU. Thanks though.

I think what he meant, is the degree is a form a of a transportation admin degree. so even though it involves "aerospace" you could use it to get a foot in the door managing something like a trucking or some type of shipping company to gain some management experience.

Back