Need some advice...

Wildman Wilson

Hello all, it's been a while since I posted on this forum. Since I first posted here, I've finished my service as a crew chief on the KC-135 with an honorable discharge and completed my Bachelor's degree from ERAU. I wanted to see if anyone had some feedback for me on what my chances of going back in as an Air Force officer in the Guard/Reserve? I have the drive and the Air Force had recently upped it's latest age to go in for a rated slot (pilot) to age 33. I just turned 32.

Some quick notes:

-My AFOQT scores on take 2 (FML) are Pilot: 72 Navigator: 24 Acad Aptitude: 34 Verbal: 64 Quantitative: 14 (miraculously, some people commissioned with all scores in the teens)
-Pcsm: 65
-My age is 32 now
-I have a Bachelor of Science degree from Embry Riddle Aeronatical University with a 3.1 GPA in Aeronautics
-I have 70 flight hours and a PPL
-I have multiple letters of recommendation from deans, teachers, and officers
-One negative is I have a 20% disability rating from when i was enlisted for tinnitus and lower back pain, but can be relinquished
-I was able to pass a mock fitness assessment (pt test) with a 90.5%

I know I only have one shot at this, but any advice from you guys would be very appreciated. Thank you

Hello all, it's been a while since I posted on this forum. Since I first posted here, I've finished my service as a crew chief on the KC-135 with an honorable discharge and completed my Bachelor's degree from ERAU. I wanted to see if anyone had some feedback for me on what my chances of going back in as an Air Force officer in the Guard/Reserve? I have the drive and the Air Force had recently upped it's latest age to go in for a rated slot (pilot) to age 33. I just turned 32.

Some quick notes:

-My AFOQT scores on take 2 (FML) are Pilot: 72 Navigator: 24 Acad Aptitude: 34 Verbal: 64 Quantitative: 14 (miraculously, some people commissioned with all scores in the teens)
-Pcsm: 65
-My age is 32 now
-I have a Bachelor of Science degree from Embry Riddle Aeronatical University with a 3.1 GPA in Aeronautics
-I have 70 flight hours and a PPL
-I have multiple letters of recommendation from deans, teachers, and officers
-One negative is I have a 20% disability rating from when i was enlisted for tinnitus and lower back pain, but can be relinquished
-I was able to pass a mock fitness assessment (pt test) with a 90.5%

I know I only have one shot at this, but any advice from you guys would be very appreciated. Thank you

You'll never know unless you try. Put a package together and submit it.

Absolutely put in for it. My impression of the whole thing is that it helps tremendously if you build rapport with the units you are trying to join. Get in touch with their recruiting people and see if you can visit the unit and get your name out there. Said another way, you can be a very strong candidate but if they have never heard of you, then you're unlikely to get picked.

Back