Need an Accelerated Instrument Rating

JWight11

I'm a few hours shy of the the part 61 minimums for an Instrument rating and I have pretty much completed the Jepp 141 instrument training syllabus, but I am looking to go somewhere and finish it quickly, preferably in the south. I tried Sun-State, but the are booked. Any help would be appreciated!

I would recommend Shebles in Kingman, Arizona. They are very good at quickly finishing up students that have already completed most of their training.

I finished up my Commercial and Multi Engine there. You can ask for Durwood. He works at their Sun Valley location and if you get a chance to train there you will be very happy because they have $20 hotel rooms at Avi Resort which is like 5 minutes from the Sun Valley airport.

Good Luck!

The weather in Northern CA, is never going to ground you. You can get actually approaches, real ATC issues and feel confident in your skills.

If the weather will allow me too get my instrument in two weeks I will consider anything.

Try Double Eagle Aviation in Tucson, AZ (KTUS).

I did my Instrument ticket in 16 days, start to finish, including written.

I recommend you show with your written done, but I did it.

Their main site is www.2-eagle.com .

Programs page:

http://www.2-eagle.com/programs.html#1

Check it out. It worked well for me. I went in 2002, but it looks like they're still doin' what they do.

The training was excellent- I came back to my home field for an IFR checkout and nailed approaches like I'd been flying them for years. No worries, no sweat.

I must admit, I have a biased opinion. If you want to get done quick, come to Shebles.

Give me a call and we'll talk about it. 1-800-249-6482.

I choose Double Eagle, seems to be a good fit for what I need. I will write-up my expierence afterwards. Thanks for the recommendations!

I'm glad to hear that you found something that fits you. Good luck!

Sheblerep, I've got to say I'm very impressed by the way you represent Sheble Aviation on this board. In the short time that you've been on JC your responses have always been straight forward, thruthfull and courteous. Great having you here.:)

I choose Double Eagle, seems to be a good fit for what I need. I will write-up my expierence afterwards. Thanks for the recommendations!

I would also suggest a trip to the other side of the airfield to Sonoran Wings. We have an amazing simulator that can save you serious cash, as well as the only fleet of airplanes with no INOP stickers you'll ever see in your life ;)

Let me know if you can come by. Would be happy to give you the full tour and some free time in the sim. Scheduling full-time instruction for a speedy transition is not a problem this time of year!

website is:
www.sonoran-wings.com

If you prefer the south, check out Tailwheels Etc in Winter Haven, FL. They'll get ya finished in no time at all. Once you're finished if you have any extra cash to burn go across the field to Jack Brown's seaplane base and get you're SE sea rating in a weekend. Have a blast! :D

Sheblerep, I've got to say I'm very impressed by the way you represent Sheble Aviation on this board. In the short time that you've been on JC your responses have always been straight forward, thruthfull and courteous. Great having you here.:)

Thank you. I'll try to keep up the good work.
The main reason I'm like that is that many people have a bad taste in their mouth about Sheble's. I'm trying to change that by showing that we are knowledgeable as well as fast.

I appreciate your observation.

Back