Need advice for flying to Serbia.

FLY_BOY

To make a long story short, my friends dad lives in Serbia and wants to buy a plane here in the U.S. After he buys it, he wants me to ferry it to Serbia for him. I would be glad to do this, except I really have no idea how to get started planning this or what kind of things I have to do to make this happen. If anyone has any advice or information on what I would need to do, please let me know. Thanks :)

m61pod.jpg

I would suggest one on each wing.

Use a professional flight planning service such as Jeppesen. There are a multitude of others as well. They can walk you through the process. It costs some coin but WELL worth it for someone in your case. You might want to think about taking along a ferry pilot as this will be a huge learning experience for you. Good luck.

A few years back there was a report on CNN of how a light airplane was shot down in Serbia, apparently they were celebrating a wedding by shooting AK-47s in the air.

File IFR

Oh and you might want to attach some bottle rockets under the wings just in case.

Use a professional flight planning service such as Jeppesen. There are a multitude of others as well. They can walk you through the process. It costs some coin but WELL worth it for someone in your case. You might want to think about taking along a ferry pilot as this will be a huge learning experience for you. Good luck.

Excellent advice.

Watch out for the Schlivotiz. A little goes a long way.

Wound up trying to match shots with a Serb one night. My head still hurts. That was 16 years ago.

Watch out for the Schlivotiz. A little goes a long way.

Wound up trying to match shots with a Serb one night. My head still hurts. That was 16 years ago.

I got some of that stuff in my house, it's definitely something else.

Definately use an flight planning service. Also make sure to have your overflight permit numbers handy, if necessary, and take extra gas to hold or divert. If a controller cannot find a required overflight permit you will not be allowed in the airspace.

This happens to us sometimes.

I was told once that a six pack of Coca Cola and a Maxim magazine go a long way when dealing with foreign customs agents.

Back