NEED A ROOMMATE for 1/12 CLASS (Isola Bella)

GnW

Isola Bella is the apartment complex. Definitely the nicest in OKC (from what i've read and heard). Indoor Olympic swimming pool, 6 other pools outside. Indoor tennis court, indoor basketball court, 31,000sq-ft fitness center (full access). I think they do a continental breakfast every morning too. Everything is included (cable, internet, electricity, etc..). I believe the rate for a 2-bedroom is $70/night. Per diem is 49.80 IIRC, so you would be saving ~15/day, plus the 20/day food per diem.

I'm a very easy-going person. Just be considerate during study time :)

I will be leaving after the 5 week AT-BASICS and the 7 week tower class. Total time = 12 weeks.

Isola Bella is the apartment complex. Definitely the nicest in OKC (from what i've read and heard). Indoor Olympic swimming pool, 6 other pools outside. Indoor tennis court, indoor basketball court, 31,000sq-ft fitness center (full access). I think they do a continental breakfast every morning too. Everything is included (cable, internet, electricity, etc..). I believe the rate for a 2-bedroom is $70/night. Per diem is 49.80 IIRC, so you would be saving ~15/day, plus the 20/day food per diem.

I'm a very easy-going person. Just be considerate during study time :)

I will be leaving after the 5 week AT-BASICS and the 7 week tower class. Total time = 12 weeks.

The per diem no longer works this way.
Isola Bella definitely takes the FAA credit card, so they will pay the $49.80, if it's less, they pocket it.

The per diem no longer works this way.
Isola Bella definitely takes the FAA credit card, so they will pay the $49.80, if it's less, they pocket it.

so what youre saying is... it doesnt matter where you go, you pay out the ass, the full per-diem, no matter what. :banghead:

so what youre saying is... it doesnt matter where you go, you pay out the ass, the full per-diem, no matter what. :banghead:

If the place you go accepts credit cards, you get $30.40/day. That's it. No point in a getting a roommate. See my thread in the training and accommodations for all the details.

If the place you go accepts credit cards, you get $30.40/day. That's it. No point in a getting a roommate. See my thread in the training and accommodations for all the details.

yeah, i just read that. good stuff. looks like im renting alone afterall.

I would check with some that are staying at Isola Bella. I have heard of people leaving because of issues. Non-internet, poor quality of the rooms, etc. Just what I have heard, not personal experience (course one of the people was my daughter).

There is some feedback of this particular place on the Training and Housing Accommodations sub-forum.

In short, there is new ownership at the complex and is revamping the facilities, including security.

Personal experience...They may be revamping, but it is still in a REALLY bad section of town, the office staff is incompetent I arrived September 24 and was in the office everyday complaining about the same problems two of which were my door not locking and my shower not producing hot water (b/c their contractor installed it wrong) my roommate and I moved out October 7th due to these problems as well as my headboard detaching itself from the wall and falling on my head in the middle of the night (having a morning shift the next day) and all the office staff could say was "Oh" the headboard wasn't fixed in the 5 days before I left. In regards to the fitness center, it's not even on the FAA part of the property you have to walk a mile through the bad part of town its in and half the time the doors aren't even unlocked (If you're a girl get used to at least 2 cars per walk slowing down to hit on you and possibly follow you into the apartment complex). Last thing the "breakfast" they provide is granola bars and sometimes juice. Just thought I'd let you know before you make any final plans from what I know Spanish Gardens and Apple Tree may not look like the Ritz but they're the best places I've seen.

I just went over and checked out Isola Bella today and I was very impressed. The renovated rooms are VERY nice.. As far as getting to the fitness center when they took me over there I never left the gated property.. I'm at Citadel Suites right now and this place has seen better days i.e. 1980, i'm moving over to Isola later this week..

I just went over and checked out Isola Bella today and I was very impressed. The renovated rooms are VERY nice.. As far as getting to the fitness center when they took me over there I never left the gated property.. I'm at Citadel Suites right now and this place has seen better days i.e. 1980, i'm moving over to Isola later this week..

I didn't say that it didn't look nice I said the neighborhood is poor, the staff is incompetent if you need anything, and beware of your furnishings (my headboard looked perfectly safe until it crashed down on my head, lol) all the FAA are put in housing furthest from the fitness center and every academy student I've talked to hates it Oh one more thing "basic cable" is 15 channels there so if you like to watch TV (I'm a couch potato myself) don't go there. My suggestion is to look on craigslist if you want to save money there are plenty of places that work with academy students and charge a hell of alot less (I'm paying 15 a day for own room/bath private tv room and a nice kitchen). Personal problem with Isola's pots and pans is that all your food sticks to them no matter what. :panic:

Personal experience...They may be revamping, but it is still in a REALLY bad section of town
i live in okc and ill tell you that i dont think any one of the FAA approved housing places are in a part of town i would like to live in....then again i live about 30 minutes south in norman

i live in okc and ill tell you that i dont think any one of the FAA approved housing places are in a part of town i would like to live in....then again i live about 30 minutes south in norman

Norman... Way - Cool... High - School... My - School... Talkin' 'bout Norman!

That was probably before your time, pre Norman North.

This Isola Bella is in no worse of an area than most of the FAA housing, I have visited at least 5 other locations. My room is close to the front and I see tenants and students leaving the gated community at all hours walking over to 7-Eleven and other locations. I really don't think it is an area that people should be afraid of. I have only seen the cops respond code 3 to the area once and that was for an accident at the intersection.

The gym is on the premises and is easily less than a one mile walk from the corporate housing area, it sounds like the managers decided to drive there which takes you outside and around the property.

I would agree that the staff can be incompetent at times but like I said in my review; they are new and still working out kinks, a lot of the other locations have been doing this for years. They may make mistakes but they have always been receptive and accommodating when trying to correct them.

Back