near misses...

Yeh thats happened a few times. I drive a lot of shuttles out to Tampa international and

ill start watching a Delta 767 coming in and almost take out two cars with the bus

Guilty....likewise the other way around, when I'm flying and I see something interresting on the ground(flashing lights are usually the culprit) I gawk for a little too long sometimes.

Matter of fact, a similar thing just happened a week ago Friday to me. I was driving past the airport I fly out of (PMP), I got rear ended. My '97 Cavalier still runs, but is basicaly totaled. It was raining and I looked up to see someone doing circuts in the pattern. I even was truthful to the cop, but the guy who hit me got faulted. Only problem is, my wife STILL is not speaking to me. NO joke. I'm in the proverbial "doghouse".
frown.gif

This too shall pass... I hope.
grin.gif

I was a claims adjuster in my checkered past ... it is pretty much impossible to be found at fault when you're on the front of a rear-end collision. Anything's possible, but the guy behind has the responsibility to look ahead of him.

FL270

That's pretty much what the cop told me. He also said to not be so honest! LOL! Told me "why are you telling me this? You want to be faulted? Shut up" LOL!

I'm pretty familiar with this . . . I don't think it's good for pilots to be driving around airports . . . or those who don't necessarily fly but love to watch planes also . . .

. . . fiance gets scared everytime we're heading to my parents or hers, and we're on the Wash. D.C. Beltway south of the city because it goes right under the traffic pattern (arrival/departure depending on winds n which way tower sends 'em) for DCA (Reagan).

Pretty full roadway + good volume of air traffic + drivers that love planes = bad combination!

Nope. Never done that. But I have pissed someone off when I was like, hey, let's pull over and watch these planes fly in!

[ QUOTE ]
Now, my question to all you pilot types out there is, how many of you have almost wrecked a car/yourself because you were oogling a plane?? is this a regular occurance???

[/ QUOTE ]
We have to drive past Tampa International every time we go to see my inlaws and my wife HATES when we get to that point in our trip for precisely the reasons you mentioned.

So... yes.. it's common.... for me.
cool.gif

WTG John!!!
grin.gif

Back