Navy Jet Fighter Is for Sale on EBay

I called my bank to get a loan, they said no! (jk) Maybe if all of the members pitch in with me we can get the hornet!

Here's a questionare form to fill out when buying a Mcdonald-Douglas Fighter aircraft, kinda funny.
smile.gif

Questionare Link

[ QUOTE ]
You would think people selling extremely rare and expensive fighter aircraft would come up with somthing a little better than ebay, so they don't have to deal with all the dumbass bogus bidders!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah....and we also thought sellers of $100,000 cars wouldn't be giving them away LOL
grin.gif

I've come to this conclusion salesmen will use ANYTHING to generate a sale, I'm surprised they didn't put the planes in the recycler.

Now it looks like the seller isn't honoring the bids on his auction without an initial telephone call.

From F/A-18A Auction:

[ QUOTE ]
On Feb-16-04 at 22:37:10 PST, seller added the following information:

DO NOT BID ON THIS AIRCRAFT WITHOUT FIRST CALLING OUR OFFICE. DUE TO SEVERAL BOGUS BIDDERS AND EBAYS POOR SCREENING OF BIDDERS WE ARE FORCED TO CANCEL BIDDING BASED ON LACK OF COMMUNICATION.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Feb-16-04 at 22:57:16 PST, seller added the following information:

The following bidders have been cancelled and blocked from bidding. If you are a real bidder then please call us ASAP. karz87, dmerivil, n8psb, FASTRICH751966@aol.com, severely_snaped, masholdings, spsflex, friendly_momma, alanbf8, paparaccoon, dave99rt,rayne00, pettifordw, pettifordw, mea20,ashtres, pettifordw,image1264,sl57glg, marko_rodin, samuelbrower, philabam, gte049n, manualgenius, warwhatisitgoodfor,navypilot138, ccmonster1, dv8derek, asuflipmode, hoosierveteran1, mburz713,pcrus527 sikicikush jude258jl6, profiterion, killraygun, jivebones, kevbro521, marketlimit, anynameiscool124, rodjusty, hyperrealorbit, jasonjunk73, educationmula, digitalatkinson, spylan8,93probegtr, savvas7, kaizen717, dontwannamissathing,mrcfjf,schristy2, s_mascari,immutablewit, cmcspeed,illusion-lighting, swybs

[/ QUOTE ]

From Mig 29 Auction:

[ QUOTE ]
On Feb-16-04 at 23:11:17 PST, seller added the following information:

Since there so many false bidders on ebay we are unable to auction off this aircraft. Call us to make a real offer..We will turn the winning bidder on this auction into collections for failure to complete transaction.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
On Feb-16-04 at 23:11:17 PST, seller added the following information:

Since there so many false bidders on ebay we are unable to auction off this aircraft. Call us to make a real offer..We will turn the winning bidder on this auction into collections for failure to complete transaction.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be pretty funny if some jerks credit got ruined because he thought it would be funny to bid 99,000,000. They should do it just to prove a point, they would get tons of publicity!

I think they should just park the F-18 down by the Universal Studios entrance with one of those 99 cents for sale signs on the canopy glass! Then some rich ass overpaid actor or rap star driving by could buy it with his pocket change!

I could just picture P-diddy or sombody like that pimpin out that Hornet for their next video- Gucci seat cover, gold wheels with spinners, and some crazy super metallic paint job.
grin.gif

All the hoopla surrounding this story kinda reminds me of that Pepsi ad fiasco a few years back. Anybody remember that one?

Pepsi was running a promotion where you collected points which could be redeemed for various items. In their TV commercial for this promotion they would show some of the items and their point value. The last item in the commercial was a Harrier which they showed landing at a school with (what Pepsi thought) was an outrageous point value. Of course the jump-jet was intended to be a joke, but some dude was able to gather some investors to offer up the monetary equivalent of the points (which actually was way less than the true cost of a Harrier) and took Pepsi to court to honor that ad.
shocked.gif
I believe the case was eventually thrown out, but Pepsi probably learned a thing or two about trying to be too clever.

Both auctions are over it looks like. The F-18 one isnt even in the ebay database anymore, and the Mig29 auction was ended early because about 10 or more people bid at least 80 million dollars!

Back