National Hiring

Noob question. What is the difference between a flight follower (this position) and a dispatcher?

Noob question. What is the difference between a flight follower (this position) and a dispatcher?
121 supplemental carriers don't officially require a "dispatcher" like 121 domestic/flag. As such you "officially" aren't called a dispatcher and don't share joint responsibility for the flight but you did everything else.

However the DO (director of operations) can, and usually will, delegate his joint responsibility and operational control onto the flight follower. Flight follower, flight controller, etc etc is just a different term to indicate they aren't "official" dispatchers. There is some definition changes to the FARs in the works though.

Some of the other differences between supplemental and domestic is....
- flight release vs. dispatch release
- 121 supplemental only carriers don't have C070
- 121 supplemental carriers have to file an alternate 99% of the time no matter what the weather is.

The list goes on. Really fun to work under though!

ljg
I'm quite familiar with NCR.... I was "basically" hired as a flight controller back when 169CA showed up in YIP from DHN. Never got the call as the 757 certification took a lot longer then planned. Then was in the running once again in May and was passed over once again because of the planned move to MCO.

Just seems like there is a spot open once every three months. I think the last posting is only on page 2 or 3 of jetcareers.

Back