!&#$'n EWR!!

I've heard that EWR is notorious from alot of places. I feel sorry for those Continental pilots here at DAB. Almost every afternoon, I hear tower telling them "Newark just issued a hold...hold on the ramp..." I remember one night we went out on a night flight, and a Continental 737 was taxiing out, and they got the same call... tower told them they might as well shut down at the end of the runway, it's gonna be a while. We got back two hours later, they were still sitting there.

Don't feel sorry for the pilots, as soon as they push off the gate their wallets are getting fatter because they're on the clock. I would feel sorry for the cramped passengers.

No, it would have been fun though. I know some Piedmont peeps, and a boatload of gate agents (I'm gonna marry Tita when I turn 30 if I am still unattached! LOL). It always seems to be ground stopped or delayed, and thats when the party begins!

Yeah, PHl aint a major base it seems, but yeah all the delays are crazy there, ATL to PHL, forget it, ha. Dont know Tita, sorry. What airline do you fly for?

Again - we're in the passenger transportation business, not the aircraft operation business.

Obviously we could solve a WHOLE lot of problems by upping the capacity of each plane and reducing the frequency. So let's say once a month we run a 747 in and out of Burlington, VT, that should take care of everything.

You didn't catch the sarcasm?

Behind price the second thing people look at it is departure time. That's why everybody leaves at 6:00AM out of bum-f!*k, KY.

No, people leave then to make their connections at the hub, so that they get to where they are going at a reasonable time. Hub and spoke.

I'd bet $$ that if people could leave 2 hours later but get in at the same time, they will chose the flight that leaves 2 hours later (especially for those 6 AM depatures).

The front seats of a 737 are better than just about any seat in coach, especially if it's a full flight.

Yeaterday on top of the ###### weather both ILS's went out around 745pm. The PEK-EWR flight diverted to BWI. Our 230 flight took off at 856 and after nearly 2 hours in the air and a few holding patterns finaly got to the gate at 1050pm. By the way the crew was going to time out if they were not airborne by 902. By it by 6 minutes. So with the holds theeir duty period started at 710a and the landing was at 15h 40m of duty.

EWR SUCKS!!!111one11!!

Yea...but I had heard that USAir had majorly scaled back their PIT operation. And instead were building up their PHL & CLT hubs.

This of course was all before America West "saved" US Air...:rolleyes:

Its not that its a "ghost town," Its still a major class B airport. I'm not to sure about it, I'll talk to my uncle and read some stats, BTW, your source (not arguing, just curious)?

PIT most definitely is a ghost town. I don't think I've ever been delayed there. Ever. The airport is pretty empty at pretty much any time of the day.

Walk the terminals (except around the SWA gates) and you won't see anyone. The story I heard is that US Air pulled out when the airport raised their pax fees. When US Air left, the airport board was like WTF? and drastically lowered their fees to get more airlines interested. That's when SWA and Jetblue swept in.

I have heard US Air wants to put a little more flying back there. I believe the Republic 175's will be based there.

Back