My visit last weekend

Zach

Well guys, I just got back to Seattle from Purdue on Monday and finally found time tonight to write about it... heh.

First of all, I must thank Neil (PurduePilot) soooooo very much for all of his great assistance in getting around campus, to/from the airport, and giving a student's perspective of Purdue. Thank you very, very much. I also got to meet Mike (Roswell41) who's a freshman this year-- great to meet you.

Simply put, I really liked what I saw and I plan on going there next fall. I liked the campus and really liked the facilities that the aviation program had. Everyone I talked to had great things to say about it. The day I got home I sent off my application... should be fun next year.

It's certainly not the cheapest path to choose, but it is a lot better than the other options I've checked out....

Zach- I had a very similar experience when I visited Purdue last March. I didn't even think about meeting up with any jetcareers users when I was there. I couldn't believe how friendly everyone there was. I left with a very good feeling. I have to send in my application too. Zach, what did you get on your SAT/ACT?

Yeah the people were really nice... I noticed that too.

As for my test scores, I don't have em handy, but I think I got 1240 once, 1390 once, and i'm taking my ACT in a couple weeks to see if i can get it higher... I need to make up for that slightly lower gpa.

I got a 1250, but I have a 4.0 GPA, so I'm hoping that will compensate. I'm also trying for the aviation managment program, which I'm told is not as selective as flight.

Ahhh yes, that 4.0 GPA certainly will look good. I'd suggest taking the ACT though, never know...

Yeah aviation management is much less selective (from what I understand they can take everyone that applies). It's a good second choice if you really want to get into flight.

Great to meet you too. If either of you guys have any questions, just post them or PM me and I'll try to get you an answer ASAP.

Heh it'll be good knowing at least one or two people in aviation next year...

Oh I heard your chicago flight went without a hitch
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, I must thank Neil (PurduePilot) soooooo very much for all of his great assistance in getting around campus, to/from the airport, and giving a student's perspective of Purdue. Thank you very, very much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Zach:

Once again, it was my pleasure! I really didn't mind. I'm really psyched that you're considering Purdue. I think you'll have a great time here!

Remember if you have any questions, you can either call me or post them here. Actually, you should really post them here because other people may have the same question as you.

Anyhow have a good day!

Zach,
Yeah the flight went without a hitch for the most part. We had to run up the airplane for a while because the alternator was showing a negative load. The flight went well. We ate dinner at the Olive Garden and I got to fly back to LAF at night which was cool. Just one of the many things you can do if you come to Purdue! Seriously though, like Neil said, any questions just post them and we will do our best to answer them. Good luck in the applications process (always fun).

Viper:

I believe that you'd probably hear some time in December. It's rolling admissions here, so you hear pretty quick after you apply.

However, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Zach:

You may want to check your return email because each time I respond to one of your emails it keeps getting bounced back to me.

Now back to our reguarly scheduled topic!

Hmm... I'll check on that, Neil... thanks. It may just be that I let my account fill up too much and it won't accept any more emails
mad.gif
If it bounces back again just PM me and I'll pick up the message here...

Back