My Pan Am Ft. Pierce experience, so far.

Hey, "divot" head, why don't you come clean on your real name and position at PanAm? You took the trouble to bash Mr. Freeman on two threads, so you look to me like a close buddy of "Mr. Wright," who scalded another member by name a while back and then vanished into his hole. PanAm, iIf you think this kind of tactic increases your cred with the members of this forum, you are so wrong. I think you've got a right to protest a dishonest post (and I'm not passing judgement on any right now), but your methods are cheezy and sleezy.

I'd have to agree. These creepy posts coming from someone clearly on the inside of Pam Am are doing more harm then good that's for sure.

For me it's these retalitory posts that make me more leary of the school then any of the 'Beware' type posts ever would.

I'm sure FLDiver/Mr Freeman (don't remember him ever giving his last name...) isn't completely blamess in the whole mess but as other are saying come clean.

Wow. If Divot is from within Pam AM, it should tell a lot about the policies. When students pay $60,000 or whatever, they SHOULD be treated like gold. When they get to the airlines, then they can worry about being treated otherwise. But the customer is always right. Right?

BTW. I showed this thread to a fellow student who dropped out of Pan Am today and he said that FLDrivers post is exactly the experience he had also and that is why he left. Perhaps the reason they take 60 days to return the money is because so many people are dropping out...?

Amanzi
/ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif

Please let me clear a couple of things up. First of all, my attempts are not to berate Fldiver...and I fully agree that he is entitled to his opinions. However, I also believe that if he is going to slander Pan Am, or any other school, he should at least have the common decency to do so with factual information, not highly edited snippets from his disgruntled attitude. Complain all you want, but be responsible enough to explain the entire story. However, I do apologize for using his last name.

Although, via my thread, you may believe otherwise, I AM NOT a representative of Pan Am or any flight school. I am, however, very aware of FLdiver's reputation.

<font color="red"> For information purposes only, This user is accessing the message board from an IP address owned by Pan Am International Flight Academy, Inc. ~ eagle </font color>

Hallo alle :)

Im now a student at pan am, I have been here since may, and have a fairly good outlook on pan am, with some exceptions to the rulle, but for the most part good experiences.

(wow run on sentence) /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

Anyway, to the point as many have pointed.

THE AMOUNT YOU PUT INTO IT = THE AMOUNT YOU GET OUT.

The only problems I have seen thus far, are scheduling descrepencies, and INSTRUCTOR PREFERENCES.

You see I have learned a great Deal from pan am,(knowledge via text book studies) and from my first intstructors.

In addition, the students' (environment) are all great, everyone has been willing to help out anytime someone has a question. Its a good place to learn in a complete aviation environment.

prior to starting at Pan Am, I had been attending a Local FBO. To make a comparison:

The FBO is very laid back, flying once maybe 2 times a week, and limited study. (instructor has multiple students, and only a few(3 instructors) of which to teach.

Pan Am is Flying 2wice a Day, along with a Ground School at night. An intracate level of knowledge is required here, as to set above the standard. (makes a better, (read more knowledgeable pilot) IMO of course.

With more knowledge, comes more safety awareness in my opionion.

Annoyances:

One thing that I feel pretty much is annoying is the entire uniform issue. The last thing I want to have to deal with, in a Small HOT Aircraft (on the ground, or even in the air) is being uncomfortable with what i'm wearing.. Greef. /ubbthreads/images/icons/confused.gif

There are Two sides to this coin, FOR ME:.. I would rather Get in the aircraft (BE PROFESSIONAL &amp; SAFE JUST AS THE NEXT) but have the right to wear shorts and a t-shirt. (COMFORTABLE) with proper shoes. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smirk.gif

The second side of the Coin is, that maybe some people think that wearing a uniform will get you ready for wearing one later, or that perhaps it makes you feel more professional.

IMO thats just BS, but whatever...

We should have a Choice. I mean.. WE are paying for the training. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

On a side note,... Fort Peirce pretty much plain out ... Sucks, However the Beach is nice, and the weather in florida is good. (Minus the horrible week that we had here with the continuous storms)

I'll End this short novel for now.. and update later.....

Wow, divot, you must think we're a bunch of bloomin idiots here: You have no connection to the school yet you choose to make your first posts, to two threads no less, to refute FLdiver in the interest of prohibiting slander. Since you have no conncetion to the school, why are you so anxious to step forward? Oh, right, just to be a good guy for the rest of us. You also neglected to let us know your location, which is also what your buddy "Mr. Wright" did. Since you admit you have no first hand knowledge of FLdiver's experience at PanAM, it is you who have chosen to slander him BY NAME, all in the interest of "making things right." What a crock o crap. You're pond scum. This fellow is either your arch enemy in life and you've chosen to stalk him in cyberspace in order to humiliate him at every turn, or you're just a goof from PanAM like Mr. Wright. Do you get some free flight hours for your work, pond scum? Do ya?

My oh my, newpilot01!!! Have some issues with anger, do you? I must assume by your handle that you are a new pilot. Are you new at reading and writing too??? You did not read my last post too well. I clearly stated that I am very aware of FLdiver's reputation. I have no issue with him personally, but it is very irresponsible of anyone to blatantly &amp; publicly condemn a business, school, etc in an attempt to defame their character based on his personal difficulties with the business, most of which he brought upon himself through negligence. And to so defame that business while intentionally deleting most of the contributing factors of his discrepancies is simply wrong. However, I have also wished him well in his future endeavors.

In addition, I apologized for the use of his name in my post. I agree that that was in bad taste. However, I chose this as my first post because of the length of his complaint, the tone in which he made his complaint, and the fact that I am familiar with this particular individual's reputation.

As for you, your mud-slinging is a clear example of your pervasive lack of maturity &amp; intellect. God save us all if you, and those individuals like you, are to become airline pilots some day. You are not able to take responsibility for yourself, now we have to fear that you may be allowed to be responsible for the lives &amp; safety of many, many others.

<font color="red"> For information purposes only, This user is accessing the message board from an IP address owned by Pan Am International Flight Academy, Inc. ~ eagle </font color>

Still avoiding the issue divothead. You claim you "know" of his reputation. How? Why so interested in defending PanAM? Why are you following PanAM's thread and FLdiver's posts? If you know of his rep is it firsthand or secondhand? Only one counts, and unless you've got access to his records at the school or flew with him, it's secondhand and you're the slanderer. It's easy to "apologize" for naming him after the fact, and pretty cowardly, too. I have no anger issues divothead, but I do have issues with liars. Your excuses get weaker with each post. Crawl back into your hole with Mr. Wright. Or are you one and the same? Must be, same operating methods.

okay.. since u seem to know so much about Mr. FLDiver.. why don't u tell us the story.. and since ur not an emloyed by any of the flight school, I'd guess that ur a student at PanAm.. But since u seem to know him so personally why don't u tell us how both of you got to know each other, and became best of friends. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smirk.gif

Divot,

FLdiver has every right to blatantly blast Pan Am for his personal problems with them. It shows potential customers the character that Pan Am has built. They can see the lack of understanding that Pan Am has to offer. I am an ex Pan-amer, and I definetly give them thumbs down. It was the worst decision I ever made, but I'm not going to get into that because I have already posted it numerous times. Point is that he can say whatever the hell he wants, because it's getting the message out. Whether it was more his problem than Pan Am's, they still suck every penny out of you.

Everyone take a couple of happy pills and chill out. Sheesh!

Hey guys: anyone else notice that divot's first post, where he attacks FLdiver by name, has been deleted----by the divot head himself!!! What's up with that? Wonder if FLdiver met him the hallway of a Pan AM classroom and gave divot one upside the head. Hopefully with a Big Bertha Driver! How do you get to delete a post after you've raised holy hell with it? Divot's attack on FLdiver is still up on the other thread regarding "beware of PanAM" Let's see how long that lasts.

Jeez! I thought Pan Am and FSI were expensive. Check out TAB Express, they quote $63000 for the whole ball of wax. /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif

Back