My new bird....well, not mine.

Most deftinitely my favorite aircraft ever...AND YOU GET TO FLY IT...i second the beautiful paint job by the way....which company does it belong to and where is she based?

-Seth

Sweet ride dude, glad things are going well for you! If you ever make it back this way again hit me up bro.

JDE said:
I love airplanes with some color. How do you like the 31?

I like it. It's much newer than the 55 I was flying but obviously not as roomy. It's a much better climber though, so that's fun. With the wild paint job, it's definitely a head turner.

Love the plane and paint job. I've always been partial to corporate and freight flying. I have a business class out that way, we should have a Starbucks or whatever your drinking or eating.

just curious. don't mean to sound stupid.. but what is the purpose of having the wing tips flared like that? and not straight out. it doesn't look like they generate any lift (side to side) so why are they there?

KevinT said:
just curious. don't mean to sound stupid.. but what is the purpose of having the wing tips flared like that? and not straight out. it doesn't look like they generate any lift (side to side) so why are they there?
Here are a couple of explanations:
Air and Space
Wikipedia

And a drawing illustrating (part of) the net effect of winglets:

737winglets.jpg

Back