My first single-engine approach & landing in the Seminole....whew!

My computer is not really all that fast either. It is a pretty good video card, but far from top end now. I am told that the extra RAM will help with stutters and smooth things out, but it wont really do much for frame rates if you have at least 512 anyway.

Those pictures are taken with 2D clouds and with all scenery sliders either maxed or one notch below maxed for things like dynamic scenery. I think my game resolution in set at 1152 X 864 X 32 and I have antialiasing on. Runs great on my machine with these settings.

This is the real reason for playing around with a flight sim...

F16.jpg

F162.jpg

Hey.. I've had to do that in the real seminole! Definitely a wierd feeling knowing that I didn't exactly have another chance at the approach.

Cool pics! Now where is the spruce goose??

[ QUOTE ]
Hey.. I've had to do that in the real seminole!...

[/ QUOTE ]
Inverted @ 5' AGL? Hope you don't try that in the CRJ!
wink.gif

Just remember...
If you fly the approach inverted, your CDI will read normal sensing for airlerons, and reverse sensing for rudders.
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Just remember...
If you fly the approach inverted, your CDI will read normal sensing for airlerons, and reverse sensing for rudders.
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
And I thought it would be reverse sensing for both CDI and glideslope.

I don't think normal on ailerons and reverse on rudders would be good unless you enjoy cross-controlled approaches inverted. Sounds just a tad too dangerous for my taste! I prefer my inverted approaches to be coordinated!

cool.gif

Ok well I'm getting a new videocard. Any recomendations for a very good video card? I'm willing to spend some cash so if you know of a good one post it...

[ QUOTE ]
Ok well I'm getting a new videocard. Any recomendations for a very good video card? I'm willing to spend some cash so if you know of a good one post it...

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally like NVIDIA's line of video cards when compared with Radeon. Top of the line NVIDIA Video Card (5950) can go up to almost $500.00. You can step down to the 5900 line for a little bit less.

I have always had Nvidia, but the new ATI Radeons are looking very good and have had better reviews.

I'd have to agree on NVIDIA's line, but don't go to a store to buy one, unless you like spending money. Pricewatch is good stuff for video cards.

You think that looks good you should see the snow '04 has, and the clouds. Amazing what Microsoft has done.

Back