My favorite airplane photo

Ahhhhh....my favorite hangout in the world. I've already instructed my wife to scatter my ashes there...illegal, yes, but one last way of sticking it to the man.

Thanks for sharing!

Very cool shot.

Just got the 'right' equipment for my Pentax to play with stuff like this.

Would you mind sharing a bit about your Camera, Lenses, any filters and how you got the thing to expose for 35 seconds? On my old old Nikon (SLR non digital) I could get that done, but the new "beep stuff" scares me to death...

Just ordered a 420-800mm lens kit for the Pentax with a 2x converter.
Looking for a few fish eyes and wide angles too.

Very cool shot.

Just got the 'right' equipment for my Pentax to play with stuff like this.

Would you mind sharing a bit about your Camera, Lenses, any filters and how you got the thing to expose for 35 seconds? On my old old Nikon (SLR non digital) I could get that done, but the new "beep stuff" scares me to death...

Just ordered a 420-800mm lens kit for the Pentax with a 2x converter.
Looking for a few fish eyes and wide angles too.

Holy cow, 420-800? Yikes, what are you planning on shooting, the remnants of the LEM's base on the moon? Honestly, I wouldn't expect a whole lot from a lens like that. Most likely the quality isn't going to be there unless it cost over $10,000. I am not sure what that lens goes for but I can imagine that you can only use it with a tripod and do some astrophotography kind of stuff with it. You know the old saying about you get what you pay for. That is so true with camera lenses.

As for my camera, I used an old 300D Canon DSLR and an elcheapo kit 18-55mm kit lens for this one. You basically have to use a cable release and the Bulb setting or it is a pain in the ass to time the shot right. With a cable release you can control it better as opposed anticipating the shot using the shutter delay function in the camera, or pressing the shutter with your finger which will lead to a blurry shot.

Holy cow, 420-800? Yikes, what are you planning on shooting, the remnants of the LEM's base on the moon? Honestly, I wouldn't expect a whole lot from a lens like that. Most likely the quality isn't going to be there unless it cost over $10,000. I am not sure what that lens goes for but I can imagine that you can only use it with a tripod and do some astrophotography kind of stuff with it. You know the old saying about you get what you pay for. That is so true with camera lenses.

As for my camera, I used an old 300D Canon DSLR and an elcheapo kit 18-55mm kit lens for this one. You basically have to use a cable release and the Bulb setting or it is a pain in the ass to time the shot right. With a cable release you can control it better as opposed anticipating the shot using the shutter delay function in the camera, or pressing the shutter with your finger which will lead to a blurry shot.

My last 'case' of equipment ($7.280 in loss of equipment, lenses, tripods + damage) went out the beaten in rear window of my BMW M5. It had blackened rear windows, and the person stealing the stuff must have had a "feel lucky day". He was... :) Shortly after this episode I moved to the U.S. where I miraculously never had the dime to drop on a new set. I started very small with a $ 600 Circuit City Pentax, adding stuff as I went along. This lens kit was terribly cheap and I do not expect much more from it than I paid. My extra dime is going into my CFI training. I still like to take pictures and they get printed sometimes, since the quality of a shot is really more affected by the guy pushing the button than the equipment.
Nothing professional though, these times ended in 2004. :(

The thing I bought comes with a converter which seems to get the total up to 1600mm but I assume it will be "light weak"...
I used to do a lot with a fixed, very bright 400 mm on my Nikon (animals, birds, planes) and assume this new one will be very far from it. But, it gives me a reason to go and lay in the woods for a while playing with something else than forum software... ;)

Did that one get rejected back in the day? I seem to remember a big dicussion about it a few years back. Either way, good to see it was finally accepted, it is a great shot.

Alex.

Did that one get rejected back in the day? I seem to remember a big dicussion about it a few years back. Either way, good to see it was finally accepted, it is a great shot.

Alex.

Yeah they were bastards about it but someone wrote me recently asking about it, so with my new found abundance of lots of time on my hands, I started over from scratch, reuploaded it and they rejected it again. Turns out the screener accidentally rejected it though.

Yeah they were bastards about it but someone wrote me recently asking about it, so with my new found abundance of lots of time on my hands, I started over from scratch, reuploaded it and they rejected it again. Turns out the screener accidentally rejected it though.
It got rejected? Why? Are they retarded? It's amazing!

Back