Mundane flights?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not knocking EWR controllers in any way. New York controlelrs (LGA, EWR, JFK) are some of the best in the world. They can move some metal. However, they can get testy. I would too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear ya! It is often funny listening to them as long as they are not yelling at you!

Now let's move on to CLE. You never know which runway they want you to land on...they'll clear you for the approach and then tower will sidestep you with no warning. Hopefully the PRM approaches will fix that. Next, what's up with the double secret downwinds, slowing to 170 KIAS, and the 30 mile finals...sheeesshhh

[ QUOTE ]
Hopefully the PRM approaches will fix that. Next, what's up with the double secret downwinds, slowing to 170 KIAS, and the 30 mile finals...sheeesshhh

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. I was there yesterday and the day before. Shot the PRM ILS to 6L. 28 mile final. Double downwind and all at 170. However, I do love this leg-by-leg.

Went to PBI last week and had the 170 knot deja vu...hold over PHK, then at least a 25 mile downwind, ending up over the ocean. We were hoping to get a glimpse of the Bahamas
smile.gif

Don't know if they were training or were just that saturated, but a few planes were calling min fuel and everybody was upset.

[ QUOTE ]
You should try IAD...They couldn't control their way out a paper bag...I am averaging one go around/missed per month because of controllers at IAD

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang, you have bad luck. I've been flying in and outta there for 9 or 10 months and have yet to go around.

Back