Mundane flights?

B767

I'm an avid viewer of your pics from the road and it didnt take me long to notice that every other flight is to ATL. Doesn't this become mundane? Wouldn't you want to bid for flights with a wider range of airports? Just out of curiosity...and I dont mean to sound like im trying to belittle you...because im not...again im just curious.

Thank you in advance!

Taylor Dumont

Yeah, gotta love hubs. Just when I'm sick of IAD, I get to visit ORD. More delays for no reason! Whoo-hoo!

Going to Rochester this past Sunday was nice. It's the first "new" airport I've been to in 10 months.

I think the only major airport I have left is Burbank. Plus, I'm going to "Sewark" for the first time in six months this afternoon.

[ QUOTE ]
I think the only major airport I have left is Burbank. Plus, I'm going to "Sewark" for the first time in six months this afternoon.

[/ QUOTE ]

My condolences.
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My condolences.
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. I have to go back there this week. I got yelled at by the tower controller last week....

"Jetlink XXXX, you're stepping on everybody! WHAT DO YOU WANT!!"

Me: "Landing clearance....we're 2 miles out for 11."

Tower: "Oh, cleared to land 11."

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that makes me miss the pre-9/11 days at DCA. You'd rarely be cleared to land any closer than a 3 mile final. Sometimes, you got your clearance in the flare. That was always fun.

Don't get me started on DCA....

Tower: "Colgan the Airbus over the river lands 19 ahead of you, cleared to land 15."

Me: "Tower that Airbus isn't pulling ahead and we can't go any slower."

Tower: "Well...uh...give me....uh....uh....uh a 360."

Me: "Over the Pentagon? Unable."

Tower: "Uh....Uh....Uh..."

Me: "Colgan's going around."
banghead.gif

Or the 5000' downwind to the 3 mile final and slow to 170. Yeah, we're going to make the runway.

[ QUOTE ]
Or the 5000' downwind to the 3 mile final and slow to 170. Yeah, we're going to make the runway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh we used to ASK for that all the time in the 1900. "Can we get the space shuttle approach to 4? How about 1? 33? Can we swing around for 15? We're only 30 minutes early!"

Went over there once with a buddy for a Captain. He'd never been there and was 3 days away from going in for the first time with a very clueless-to-life FO, so we arranged for us to fly together so I could show him how it works. Sure enough, 7:45am, we're slightly out-pacing a 319 who's headed to 1 (we're inbound for 4). I told my Capt to pull back just a bit, but no more. Sure enough, the 'Bus gets landing clearance crossing the numbers, we get ours in the same breathe.

I miss DCA!!!!!!!!!!
rawk.gif

The Beech could do 248 to the marker. The SAAB goes down and slows down, but not at the same time.

[ QUOTE ]
Same here. I have to go back there this week. I got yelled at by the tower controller last week....

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard that! I was waiting in line to depart 22R/W. You weren't by chance the crew that was asked to hold short 22R (while rolling through the intersection) due to the A340 roaring off, therefore getting rocked?

Next trip for me: LAX! Schweet!

I'm still waiting for the day I hear Doug on the radio.

[ QUOTE ]
The Beech could do 248 to the marker. The SAAB goes down and slows down, but not at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could get it to do both, but it was tricky! Props full forward, and a little finesse.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard that! I was waiting in line to depart 22R/W. You weren't by chance the crew that was asked to hold short 22R (while rolling through the intersection) due to the A340 roaring off, therefore getting rocked?

Next trip for me: LAX! Schweet!

I'm still waiting for the day I hear Doug on the radio.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Dat me (the radio). The one asked to hold short was the previous aircraft. Houston has its moments, but its better than Newark any day of the week. Plus we have Max (Mr. Jetlinkin) and Richard (the perpetually happy guy).

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You could get it to do both, but it was tricky! Props full forward, and a little finesse.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I flew with a couple of Captains who said the props don't come forward until the gear comes down. Welcome to my world.

By the way, love the avatar.

Yeah this avatar pretty much sums it up for me!
smile.gif

At MDW, you couldn't not be open to the idea of putting the props forward. How else could you do 250 to the marker for the ILS 31C? I attribute the majority of my learning how to handle an aircraft to MDW. Both on the Saab and renting a C172. But more on the Saab. More to handle, and they wanted so much from you!

Never had that problem at LGA. I don't think I crossed the Verrazono (sp) at any more than 210.

You must be kidding me about the EWR controllers. In my opinion they're the best in the business. They do a pretty good job given the airport they have to work with. Now CLE....Don't get me started.

You should try IAD...They couldn't control their way out a paper bag...I am averaging one go around/missed per month because of controllers at IAD

I'm not knocking EWR controllers in any way. New York controlelrs (LGA, EWR, JFK) are some of the best in the world. They can move some metal. However, they can get testy. I would too.

Back