Multiengine PIC?

kevmor99

I was just wondering if most employers are looking mostly at multiengine PIC time instead of multiengine non-PIC time? Do some not distinguish between the two? What about multi-PIC as a safety pilot (although I think dual non-PIC would be better than being a safety pilot).

It depends on the airline. I had about a 100 hours of safety pilot pic in my book and it wasn't a problem for Colgan. Of course I did have about 400 hours of Multi-Pic so that helped. If you have the minimum multi-engine and enough TT you should be fine when the airlines start hiring again...........................................................................................................................................

They wouldn’t be able to distinguish the safety pilot time if you just entered it as PIC and left it as that. If they ask then tell them how much.

As to distinguishing I thought they only looked at PIC. You’re not going to have that much non-PIC anyway for it to be worth it.

They wouldn’t be able to distinguish the safety pilot time if you just entered it as PIC and left it as that.

Unless you always make a landing as the sole manipulator on every safety pilot flight, safety pilot time will be easy to spot in your log book.

Back