Multi time building program

Boilermaker21

Anyone checking these forums ever had any experience doing their multi time building program.....good or bad experiences?........

I went out there to Ft. Pierce two weeks ago to do their time building and I got back this last saturday. For me overall it was a good experience. I was able to build about 50 hours of flight time in about 7 days. Most of your flying is done in the night time starting at 6pm however many times you can go earlier at like 4pm instead. Out of all the times I was there I went early almost every single time. There is good oppertunity to get some actual instrument time. The houses were nice however I never got the chance to stay in them since they were all full the time I was there. However they were very nice about reimbursing me for my motel costs. The housing is $25 a night and so they reimbursed me so the motel was only $25 a night. The guys you fly with are usually experienced pilots and they all fly well. Out of all the timebuilders there I never did hear of a negative experience.

On most of my flights we flew to different airports and did multiple approaches. I went down to miami, boca raton, tallahase, tampa, daytona beach, west palm beach. Lots of different places like that on different coasts. You can basically go where you want however fuel reimbursement is only $1.30/gal so I elected not to go as far and refuel at ft. pierce. You refuel your own airplane so it works out well you just get the truck and fill er up. If you set the power right and lean the mixture right you can get excellent fuel economy. One night I flew about 6.5 hours on the hobbs and still had enough to fly for an hour plus 45 min reserve. You also need to have the plane back by 8am the next morning so it can be used for training, sometimes special arrangements can be made to take the plane for longer. Most people prefer to fly within the state however as it gets really expensive to pay for fuel. I only bought fuel once the entire time I was there. You can usually get in 10 hours in a night if your a trooper.

How does their multi time building program really work? can myself and a friend go and do the block time together or do we have to go with one pilot from there? Thanks.

In response to your post. If you and your friend both sign up for the multi engine time building program you can go together. If you have any other questions please call me at the school. 1800-635-9032.

Ari Cohen
Ari@aribenaviator.com

Back