Multi time building idea

braidkid

I ran across this post on flightinfo and found it intriguing about a good way to build multi time:

"Another cool way if you can afford not to make much money is to get on the internet and search the aircraft registry for the counties around where you live and find individuals/corporations that fly twins and get in touch with them. There are lots of people out there that fly twins single pilot and might not care if you ride along to build time (most of them don't care about the time). Type up some resumes and just start calling people or show up at the door and tell them your situation. I did this. Of about the 12-15 people that I got in touch with, I'm flying regularly with 4 of them ( Be-200, Piper Cheyenne, Navajo and Twin Cessnas)."

I've gone to the FAA registration site (http://registry.faa.gov/) but it looks like you have to pay $2 per record you pull. That could get pricey if I pull up 50 records trying to find local guys with a twin to fly with. Has anyone else looked into this idea?

Braidkid,

Why don't you just sell the Ford and buy a Duchess??
wink.gif

Hey Kingair!!! You read my mind!! I plan to get my MEI this summer!! That way if I do find someone
willing to let me fly right seat I can log it PIC as long as they're willing to accept the dual I guess!!

Okay so, how would I find some operators in IL?

I don't know of any tail numbers and any companies I know of all fly jets w/ crews

Go to the airport and find some King Airs, C-421's and record their tail number, and take it from there.

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't aviation great? In any other situation, this would be referred to as stalking.
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Prostitution comes to mind...

[ QUOTE ]
Go to the airport and find some King Airs, C-421's and record their tail number, and take it from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

With my luck, somebody would mistake me for some suspicious terroist-type and I would see my happy rear-end in jail. My response: I'm looking for a job! would go over greatly.

Hey Iceman, you don't have to go to the airport to get N numbers....just go to that webpage Ian posted
earlier and you can select an aircraft and State and it will list all of the registered aircraft of your choice
in your state and give the Names and addresses of the owners!!! This means you can mail a resume
to Joe Blow who owns a twin and ask him if you can ride right seat next time he goes up. What does
he have to loose in the deal...he'd probably be flying by himself and would love to have the extra help
at no cost!! Plus, once you get your MEI you can log the time PIC!!! This sounds like an ingenious
plan to me and I plan to give it a try!!

I will be taking a look. The MEI is not too far away for me as of right now, I would say in late may, early June if anything. But that can always change.

Keep me posted on what you find out if you don't mind, it would very encouraging.

Thanks

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Isn't aviation great? In any other situation, this would be referred to as stalking.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prostitution comes to mind...

[/ QUOTE ]

Gives the following phrase a new meaning huh?

[ QUOTE ]
and record their tail number

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif

Unfortunately I'm not in a postition to try this theory yet as I am busting my butt in order to obtain
my CFII by end of May time frame. Starting in June though I plan to start my multi licenses and hope
to have them wrapped up by mid summer sometime and then I'll start sending out 100 resumes to
people who own twins in the area....I'll definately let you guys know how it all turns out but it won't be
for a few more months....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With my luck, somebody would mistake me for some suspicious terroist-type and I would see my happy rear-end in jail. My response: I'm looking for a job! would go over greatly.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have a mobile phone with voice memo function, just pretend you're on a call and say the tail numbers into your phone.
grin.gif

Back