multi/instrument/comm

shooter13

I was looking today at the multi/instrument/com program Ari has. It is the one on their web page for VA training. Can anyone who has done this or any of you ari instructors tell me about how long this course takes to complete assuming an above-average learner?

Shooter,

I went down and met with Mike last month, and after touring Flight Safety as well, I chose Ari-Ben. I start next week!

The bottom line is a difference of $10K (for VA students) between the two schools, and several other factors. To answer your question, I was quoted 6 months / $17,980 (cost after VA reimbursement) for CIME/CFI/MEI/CFII. $3K more if you don't have your PVT. Approx 200 total/175 multi. If you're leaving Active Duty, I have some good unemployment info as well. More questions? PM me soon, I'm leaving tomorrow night!

SF

I talked to Mike last week.

The breakdown as he explained it(assuming pvt already done):

2 weeks for multi- start in middle of month
1 month for instrument
1-2 months for commercial
1 month for CFI- through the FAA- should be a thorough course
CFII, MEI should be quick after initial CFI is complete

Only the instrument and commercial are 141 for VA the rest are 61. Still not a bad price IMO.

I have a scanned price list just don't know how to cut or copy it to post.
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
1 month for CFI- through the FAA- should be a thorough course

[/ QUOTE ]

I know a guy (ex-student) who has been working on his CFI there for over 6 months......

He isn't working very diligently then. I completed my MEI in one month.

1-2 months for Commercial seems high, more like 1 month. Most drag their feet on the CFI certificates.

[ QUOTE ]

I have a scanned price list just don't know how to cut or copy it to post.
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you can upload it to any of the free-webspace providers and post the link here.....I would be very interersted in seeing it...
laugh.gif

skyrunner1500,
Check your excite email, sent it to you. If you can, post for the forum as i have no idea where to start.

enjoy

[ QUOTE ]
skyrunner1500,
Check your excite email, sent it to you. If you can, post for the forum as i have no idea where to start.

enjoy

[/ QUOTE ]

Arizonaflyer, thanks for the e-mail.
smile.gif

I've just uploaded the picture, so please click the link below to view it:

Ari-Ben Aviator Pricelist

Hope that helps!
grin.gif

shooter 13,

What will you do, work, after finishing flight training? Why is the CFI program not VA approved?

My wife just got a promotion recently so we want to stay here in the Charleston area. One of the things I am considering is going down to Ft Pierce after I get out of the Navy and finishing up my ratings. Then come work a normal job here in Charleston while I CFI part time. There are lots of other otions to consider. Just trying to get a better handle on things.

Yes I have. I have spoken with two students out there. Both weren't very happy. Both were unhappy with their instructors. The aircraft break alot. They just gave up 141 certification because the FAA did an inspection and found all of their planes to be not airworthy. (I guess 61 schools don't have as many inspections???) It just didn't seem like the place I want to fly.

Back