Multi engine time

smokey1

Hey I was considering comair and I already have my private. How much multi-engine time do you have when you finish the program and about how much does it cost, because in the information they send out it has nothing about the cost.

Thanks CMartin, I am actually a huge fan of Ari-Ben from what I have read, but my question is will I be able to make the contacts(networking) at Ari-Ben that I may be able to make at a larger school like Delta Connection. I am in no way knocking Ari-Ben as it is one of the schools I am considering, plus you can't beat that multi-engine time. And I was curious of the costs at DC.
grin.gif

Hey C,
You should do a little journal when you get to Ari-Ben for those of us that are curious about their program. It's always good to hear a students perspective. What are the prospects of instructing there when you're finished?

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks CMartin, I am actually a huge fan of Ari-Ben from what I have read, but my question is will I be able to make the contacts(networking) at Ari-Ben that I may be able to make at a larger school like Delta Connection. I am in no way knocking Ari-Ben as it is one of the schools I am considering, plus you can't beat that multi-engine time. And I was curious of the costs at DC.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I wouldn't choose a school based on the ability to network. I would choose it based on quality and cost. There might be a few guys at DC Academy with rich parents and jobs lined up, but most will be regular Joe Blows looking for their first Commercial or CFI job and competing with you for it!
wink.gif

I have >>> heard <<< (from 1st hand sources though) it is about 6-7k to do the MEL, and another 7k to do the MEI. You should have about 50 hours multi after you have your MEI and you should pick up another 50 while instructing so you will have your 100 that is required for the interview. Kind of sucks but in order to get the interview you have to go through THEIR training once you start with DCA.

I will start the MEL in 2-3 months once done with the CPL and I will write a little review here about the price of both the CPL and the MEI.

Btw the numbers are for the Broward location, not for Sanford. Sanford is a bit more expensive, I am not sure if this is ture for the multi training as well, but it is for the rest.

[ QUOTE ]

Personally, I wouldn't choose a school based on the ability to network. I would choose it based on quality and cost. There might be a few guys at DC Academy with rich parents and jobs lined up, but most will be regular Joe Blows looking for their first Commercial or CFI job and competing with you for it!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree and disagree with this statement. First, I agree that you're going to be competing with these people initially. No doubt about it; you all will probably have about the same amount of flying time, and the first couple of years through your careers you'll be competing for a small pool of jobs.

But...and I can't stress this enough...the old saying of "it's not what you know, but who you know" is more true than ever in these times. The networking you do in flight school may help you more than you can imagine in the future. You never know where one of your co-students (or instructors, or maintenance guys, etc) are going to end up. Later on in life, they may be at United, or Delta, or American, or Lufthansa, or Qantas, and they'll be someone who can hand carry your resume and recommend you for a job.

I'm not saying any one school is right for any one person...but just remember that aside from your piloting skills, contacts will be the second most important thing you come away with.

Jon

Back