Multi Engine Time For $160.00 Wet OR C172 Time $45.00 WET

CaptainTeezy

If you are looking to build ME time OR XC time I have a deal for you. I am an ATP/CFI/CFII/MEI and a 135 freight pilot and I am going to rent an airplane so I can go home for the 4th of july weekend. If you are in the St. Louis or North Central part of MO, or even in AR this could be a great deal for you.

I have 2 possibilities. I can rent a high performance Twin (C310) or a C172

If I get the Twin (You will pay $160.00 hr WET)

Basically what I am doing is cutting the cost 2 ways so that I can be at home with my wife for a 3 day weekend...I only get to go home about once every 6 weeks. I can give you a high performance endorsement if you need one.

The trip will be about 4.5 hours total ($720.00). We will leave friday morning from North Central Missouri and head into Arkansas just south of KLIT.

If I get the C172 (You will pay $45.00 hr WET)

This will take about 6-6.5 hours ($292.50)

I am very experienced in shooting approaches down to minimums so weather will most likely not be an issue, allowing you to gain great experience. I will not charge an instructor fee...the bold numbers are what you will pay only.

The catch is:

* We will be going to one location and you will have to sit in a hotel, or FBO, for friday night, saturday, and sunday. We will leave back for Missouri either sunday night or monday morning.
* I must be on board the airplane when it is flying.

If you are interested PM me with your name, phone number, and location, and I will give you a call with all the details.

Re: Multi Engine Time For $160.00 Wet OR C172 Time $45.00 WE

That is one hell of a catch!

Good deal for the right person though, I guess.

That is one hell of a catch!

Good deal for the right person though, I guess.

The right person is anyone who is looking to build time for very cheap. A typical C310 runs at a rental rate for around $300.00 and a C172 goes for AT LEAST $100.00. I am cutting the time in half...and anyone who is a pilot for long knows that in this career to advance you must sacrifice, especially when it comes to good financial deals.

I don't have a leg in this BFWIW, this person who flys down with you for the awesome rental rate is going to eat up all that money he saves in hotel and eating out cost while having to hang out in your hometown while you have a good 'ol time with your parents. Not to mention they would be away from friends or family on July 4th weekend. Have you considered letting this person hang out with you for the weekend? I guess it only takes one to make it work? Good luck.

Damn, wish I had my private ticket I'd non-rev out there and be all over it.

The catch is:

* We will be going to one location and you will have to sit in a hotel, or FBO, for friday night, saturday, and sunday. We will leave back for Missouri either sunday night or monday morning.

The right person is anyone who is looking to build time for very cheap. A typical C310 runs at a rental rate for around $300.00 and a C172 goes for AT LEAST $100.00. I am cutting the time in half...and anyone who is a pilot for long knows that in this career to advance you must sacrifice, especially when it comes to good financial deals.

You wouldn't happen to work for management of a regional?

You wouldn't happen to work for management of a regional?

You wouldnt happen to be a moron who actually wants to work for a regional would you?

First off...I am being very honest and up front about what the cons are...I am hoping it can work for someone...some people may have family in KLIT area and it would be a steal for them. MO and AR are bordering states. It could be possible that somebody may actually have family in both areas.

I dont appreciate being talked to as if I am trying to con people...I have stated the terms, the positives and the negatives. The twin cessna deal is good if you want a high performance endorsement...I know that you can get smaller twin trainers for cheaper, but I dont have access to them. So I am advertising what I have access to.

The C172 deal is a great deal for anyone... who needs inst, XC, or TT.

I don't have a leg in this BFWIW, this person who flys down with you for the awesome rental rate is going to eat up all that money he saves in hotel and eating out cost while having to hang out in your hometown while you have a good 'ol time with your parents. Not to mention they would be away from friends or family on July 4th weekend. Have you considered letting this person hang out with you for the weekend? I guess it only takes one to make it work? Good luck.

Like I have said...some people have family or connections in both states...may not need a hotel...or they can stay at the FBO.

I am not hanging out with my parents. I am flying to spend some time with my wife who I only see about once every six weeks. So I really dont want someone hanging out with me at my house. I need to be with my wife with out guests...and its not just about fun either.

If anyone plans on being a pilot for a living...they better learn that holidays are meaningless, it is all about making use and the most of the time they are given. I have worked on many Thanksgivings, been alone on Christmas, lived in hotels, worked on my birthday, slept on airport floors with my backpack as a pillow. I am not complaining just stating that holidays become irrelevant when you become a pilot.

You wouldnt happen to be a moron who actually wants to work for a regional would you?

Nope, put that dream on hold for now.;)

What if instead of offering to split the cost for the a/c rental, why not just offer free C172 time which would probably be a little more inciting to someone who has to sit in a hotel or fbo for 3 days. Split costs for the C310 is $720. Full costs for the C172 is $585.

In the end you'll still be saving money and you can have someone do all the flying, pretty much like having your own chauffeur.:D

Come on guys. Sheesh.

"Free Donuts!"

"OMG! This sucks! No Bearclaws!"

do FBO's provide lodging aswell? ?

They have the standard "quiet rooms" with recliners and couches, and I believe it even has a sleep room. There is of course a courtesy car as well.

However I have different plans for the 4th of July so I will not be renting a plane...I regularly make a flight about once every six weeks. But in the future, if you are interested in C172 time for $45 dollars an hour let me know. We will be headed to KLIT or somewhere in the KLIT area...if needed. Also...I am willing to negotiate the price for repeat flyers...it would be wise for you younger pilots who need time to always be willing to hang out in Lameville every once in a while...you will get much farther faster in your career.

Nope, put that dream on hold for now.;)

What if instead of offering to split the cost for the a/c rental, why not just offer free C172 time which would probably be a little more inciting to someone who has to sit in a hotel or fbo for 3 days. Split costs for the C310 is $720. Full costs for the C172 is $585.

In the end you'll still be saving money and you can have someone do all the flying, pretty much like having your own chauffeur.:D

Sitting in an FBO/Hotel for 3 days during holidays, birthdays, anniverseries, and special events will be common routine for a long time if you plan on aviation as a career. I am practically giving away flight time and possibly a high performance endorsement, which some people charge $200-$400 for. Please refrain from making ignorant comments. Thanks.

This reminds me of the flight school pitch when they only pay the instructor $10/hr when they charge the student $45/hr.

"Hey, You're recieving flight time on somebody elses dime... you should be very fortunate for the opportunity! Now go wash the planes."

I happen to personally know CaptainTeezy and I will tell you that if this works out for ONE person it is a steal of a lifetime. He happens to be an excellent FREIGHT PILOT and GA PILOT. I do not appreciate the condescending tone some have taken to this post. CaptainTeezy is correct in saying that flying and holidays don't see eye to eye, if one thinks different then I suggest getting out of flying as a career. If there is ONE person who sees an opportunity to get some cheap multi time or single time and may have friends or family to stay with in the area, this is great!

This reminds me of the flight school pitch when they only pay the instructor $10/hr when they charge the student $45/hr.

"Hey, You're recieving flight time on somebody elses dime... you should be very fortunate for the opportunity! Now go wash the planes."

What the hell are you talking about? I am the instructor, I am splitting the cost, I figured someone else MAY ACTUALLY WANT the flight time, would ACTUALLY BE WILLING TO SACRIFICE a non religious holiday, and MAYBE save me some money. I did not try to hide any of the terms of the deal, like almost every flight school in America, in fact I was very upfront with the negatives.I specifically asked for people not to make anymore ignorant comments...but I guess that was a curtain call for all the re-retarded comments.

Captain Teezy,
Please don't take some of the comments personally. We have been consistantly trying to educate some if the lessor experienced folks around here that if something looks too good to be true, then it likely is.
It is obvious to me that you are trying to create a win-win situation for someone who may not otherwise have access to a high performance twin with an experienced pilot.

That being said, it is a great opportunity for the right person on this forum, and you will only enhance your position by showing patience and kindness even in the face of what could be percieved as insulting questions.

I for one appreciate what you have offered here and would love to see you stick around (being that you are a new member) and share other aspects of your wisdom and experience.

OK, I don't even know why I commented on this to begin with as I don't really have a stake in this and I don't know you. I guess it was the idea that you were looking for someone to help you pay for half the cost of your personnal 3-4 day trip to go back home to see your family during a holiday weekend. I saw that as your sole motivation for the post. I apologize for my comment. Have a great weekend with your family next week!

:yeahthat:
I guess I interpreted the same.

My bad Teezy. Good luck!

I think this would be an awesome opportunity for some 310 time, and I think if they had a crew car, or rental, I could entertain myself for a few days as cheap as the rental is. I paid 250hr for a BARE bones 310B model.

Back