Multi Commercial pilot job hunting

Im also looking for a job. I applied at Air Associates but it seems like you have to know someone in there. Im sitting at 778 tt and 618 PIC and didn’t get a call or email.

Im also looking for a job. I applied at Air Associates but it seems like you have to know someone in there. Im sitting at 778 tt and 618 PIC and didn’t get a call or email.
I guess I shouldn't even apply if you didn't get a call with those times. :(

I'm quite a bit lower

I applied with 1100 tt, 600 multi turbine and I worked line service for them for two years and didn't get a call. This industry is a real mind F.

Maybe it's a slow time of the year and they aren't hiring? I suppose I'll shoot them a résumé either way.
I applied with 1100 tt, 600 multi turbine and I worked line service for them for two years and didn't get a call. This industry is a real mind F.

They have a line service? FBO? Wow I'm surprised you didn't get a call. Did you walk your résumé in and talk to your old boss?

No I didn't walk it in but I'm sure they figure I'll leave as soon as something better comes along but thats understandable.

If there is no section to apply on their website then where can we apply? Just email a resume to the email listed under "contact us"?

Thanks
Just email it as an attachment and in the email tell them it's a resume for a mapping department position. Small office, they know who to give it to.

Here too, actually ATP in SEL, SES, MEL, MES. Ready for that 121 job flying a C172 or a PA18S. Hahaha.
135 with more than 9 pax needs an ATP as does eligible on demand, so something like a Caravan or Otter(single or twin), on floats, would be right up your alley. Seaborne does fly the twin otters on floats under 121.

Out of curiosity, when you did the ATP SES and MES, did you do that without doing the Com S/MES ride?

Still need a pilot for the 206 mapping position?
They're always taking resumes. With the regionals snatching people up left and right, I'm sure they'll be needing people on a regular basis. Typically like to keep about 7-10 guys in the hiring pool, then interview people to replace them once they get put into training.

I currently work at AAK. Not sure why you guys didn't get a call back but I can tell you we haven't had anyone leave in the last month or so. Take that back..... One just left. Right now we have pretty much a full dept but that could change next week. It is a great company to work for none the less. I would encourage you to follow up with your resume. Our CP is a good guy. Great QOL here too. Follow up and good luck to all who applied. PM with any questions.

I guess I shouldn't even apply if you didn't get a call with those times. :(

I'm quite a bit lower
The 500tt is a hard minimum here. No chance on waiving that one but keep after it. We have turnover from time to time. It comes in waves it seems like. I expect some after the new year.

No I didn't walk it in but I'm sure they figure I'll leave as soon as something better comes along but thats understandable.
They do expect people to move along Box Hauler. In fact they are putting together a training regimen to help people move into corporate or airlines if that's what you want to do. Kind of like a pipeline to other jobs. It's in the works and not sure how far out it is until it's all worked out, but they don't hold it against you if you move on. They only ask for 1 year commitment but I've seen people move on in less than a year. Again, right now a lot of new hires have come out of our hiring pool. I got lucky and got a direct hire back when they had just expanded the fleet. Good luck though and keep trying. If you live in the area I would definitely walk your resume in. CP is a nice guy and easy to talk to.

They do expect people to move along Box Hauler. In fact they are putting together a training regimen to help people move into corporate or airlines if that's what you want to do. Kind of like a pipeline to other jobs. It's in the works and not sure how far out it is until it's all worked out, but they don't hold it against you if you move on. They only ask for 1 year commitment but I've seen people move on in less than a year. Again, right now a lot of new hires have come out of our hiring pool. I got lucky and got a direct hire back when they had just expanded the fleet. Good luck though and keep trying. If you live in the area I would definitely walk your resume in. CP is a nice guy and easy to talk to.

How many hours per year is typical?

To answer everyone, just search Air Associates of Kansas. Everything you need to know has already been posted. We never know when people will leave and yes, it always seems to come in waves. @akpilot5, did you try calling in or just send your resume to the apply@aakmapping.com email (that gets checked on a less than regular basis)? I just looked in that email account and there are a quite a few resumes in there right now. Your times are more than acceptable. I can get your resume to the right person or you can call and talk to our CP, Tyler (I recommend going that route). That will always get you farther than just randomly sending a resume somewhere. We are currently fully staffed but had 4 pilots leave in the last 45 days.

Last edited:
Back