MSAs and Intermediate Fixes

SkyGirl

I am wondering if anyone has seen either of the following on any approach charts...If so, please share.

1) A chart without a MSA.

2) A chart with an intermediate approach fix.

Thanks.

I think we have a wise guy (gal) here!

Be careful, the FAA goons are gonna come out of the shadows and get you for asking about intermediate approach fixes!! Just accept that they exist for the instrument written!!
wink.gif

Sorry, but I was asking in all seriousness.

A friend and I were trying to find examples, but we came up short. Does this mean there are none? How disappointing.

[ QUOTE ]
2) A chart with an intermediate approach fix.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at some "RNAV (GPS)" approaches. As far as I can remember, they are the only ones I've ever seen with Intermediate Fixes, although I'm sure there are probably others.

I also asked about charts with no MSA's in an earlier post, but I dont think anyone knew of any.. still searching...

Welp, I can find one with a TAA, and I can find one with an IF, but not one with both. I'm stumped.
grin.gif

As a side note, while I was paging through my jepps (yes, I really have nothing better to do), I stumbled across a pretty interesting approach. PAR/ASR Rwys 8, 26 down in Ft. Huachuca, AZ. Not something you see too often, especially seeing as how it doesn't have an MSA or TAA. I wonder if they'll let you do practice approaches?
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I stumbled across a pretty interesting approach. PAR/ASR Rwys 8, 26 down in Ft. Huachuca, AZ. Not something you see too often, especially seeing as how it doesn't have an MSA or TAA. I wonder if they'll let you do practice approaches?
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

See it all the time......
cool.gif

You can do practice approaches if you want, just know how a ASR/PAR works and what the pilot responsibilities are for it, and what ATC expects/will do for you. That's the main part that not many civilian pilots know, and admittedly, the AIM doesn't cover these types of approaches very well. Why you ask? Very few PARs at civilian-only fields, and ASRs are only a little more prevelant. But being that they're in the National Airspace System and one could use one sometime, especially in a pinch, IMO, the AIM should give them a little more than a couple of paragraphs.

i only mentioned myairplane.com because they seem to have a pretty complete listing of approaches.. and yo uought to know I tore my little office here apart because at ONE TIME I HAD a southwest plate
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
and yo uought to know I tore my little office here apart because at ONE TIME I HAD a southwest plate

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahaha! I can picture that, because I've done the very same thing. Usually looking for instrument covers though...those things seem to grow legs!
laugh.gif

Back