mpenguin is the man

Bumblebee

Commodore
For those of you who do not know Mike, make sure and give him lots of love at Vegas. I wanted to relate a couple of stories about him.

1. At the first annual NJC in Vegas ('04) he provided a very cool package allowing people to sim in a 717 at Alteon, I got to go and it was an incredible experience, particularly for a flight instructor. He was gracious and generous and although I don't know where his mind goes when he starts talking politics, I hold him in high regard.

2. I love my highlighter pens he includes as some of the shwag he distributes at NJC and other events. Last year I left my set of highlighters on an overnight and could not find them. I was in the middle of a school project, and I called Mike. Next thing I knew several packages were in the mail at my house, and I was able to get an "A" in the class.

I was just using them (my pens) and thought about all the things Mike does for us at JC; like helping provide tours and using his connections to get us into LAS tower, Allegiant and MGM.

Last year he arranged for many of us to go on an airport tour at SEATAC with an Alaska Airlines tour.

I just wanted to make sure that folks who know the great things that Doug and Kristie have accomplished also know about Mike. If there was a definition about paying it forward in the dictionary, Mike would have his picture in there (arm in arm with Dough and Kristie).

That is all.

See you all very soon :)

Attachments

• 2[1].jpg
    2[1].jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 231
MPenguin IS the man. I'm serious. If I had a child, his or HER name would be "Pengy" because the guy has tirelessly done so many things for this community. Then those folks have turned around and done things for other people and so on and so on.

I heart that bastard. BIG TIME.

I just had this talk with Mike a couple a days ago.

I agree, Mike IS DAH MAN!

I'm buying him drinks for the night FOR SURE not to mention, if he wants to spoon later, it's all cool!

Holy crap man, Pengy got me my first heavy jet time and I had been a major airline pilot for years!

His cocktail money is no good all weekend.

Holy crap man, Pengy got me my first heavy jet time and I had been a major airline pilot for years!

His cocktail money is no good all weekend.
He can't drink enough . . . although, now that you mention it, as we try to get even with him, we could get him hammered, then x dress him, and get the picture of "Pengy" the daughter you always wanted:crazy:

He can't drink enough . . . although, now that you mention it, as we try to get even with him, we could get him hammered, then x dress him, and get the picture of "Pengy" the daughter you always wanted:crazy:

If I can corner Pengy and get him out, there'll be no photo evidence! :)

Seriously, homeboy has been the sole source of half of our communities initial jet time.

I still remember Chris Africa and I flying around an MD-11 and I completely botched the landing but Chris greased it on. Something I said which included expletives and "private pilot", good memories! :)

Seriously, homeboy has been the sole source of half of our communities initial jet time.

I still remember Chris Africa and I flying around an MD-11 and I completely botched the landing but Chris greased it on. Something I said which included expletives and "private pilot", good memories! :)

Yup, Yup....I remember sliding the 737-200 into LAX courtesy of Pengy!!!

Winnie even got to land a 73 sim in SEA in 07 . . . after all the support she gave me, to see her get to try that was awesome . . . thanks to Mike again!

If we could just convince him to check a different line on his ballot November 4th, he'd be the perfect man, the un contested contender and shoe-in for the front cover of Esquire and GQ's "Man of the Decade" issue.

And I'm serious!

If we could just convince him to check a different line on his ballot November 4th, he'd be the perfect man, the un contested contender and shoe-in for the front cover of Esquire and GQ's "Man of the Decade" issue.

And I'm serious!
at least he's in California . . . if he was in NV, or FL, it could be a prollem . . . not so much out here!

I love me my Mikey! He did a lot for me before I started my new career at Colgan and was VERY generous with his care packagae as well!

Mike's ALWAYS come thru for us on NJC...We've always appreciated it and we hope everyone at NJC will appreciate the time and effort he's put into getting the tours set up etc...

If anyone flakes out on the 8AM tours like in the past... i'm gonna be calling Guido to teach you a lesson and you're gonna be on my list for "no" to tours in the future. be forewarned :D

Mike works too hard to get these things set up for us... let's not take that forgranted... watch the alcohol consumption the night before mmmkay?!

Mike's ALWAYS come thru for us on NJC...We've always appreciated it and we hope everyone at NJC will appreciate the time and effort he's put into getting the tours set up etc...

If anyone flakes out on the 8AM tours like in the past... i'm gonna be calling Guido to teach you a lesson and you're gonna be on my list for "no" to tours in the future. be forewarned :D

Mike works too hard to get these things set up for us... let's not take that forgranted... watch the alcohol consumption the night before mmmkay?!
even if you have to watch with one eye closed!:buck:

Back