Moving back to Virginia

Scandinavian13

So after a series of unfortunate events (I'll spare you the long story) leading to me not being able to start flight school with Pan Am, I'm waiting out my thirty days here in my apartment by working for Cutter Aviation and then getting out.

Back at home, I'll be able to pick up a planning job with my degree, so I can make a ton more money than I'm making now. Replenish my savings, save some for flying and then start to pay as I go (as recommended by so many people) at the FBO I went to for my private.

It sucks that things didn't work out, but at least this way, I won't have $100,000 in interest to pay off and I'll be closer to family and friends in the process.

Haha, no, I never even got around to it. Now, I guess it would be a combined M&G + Going Away deal.

I'll initially be headed back to Chantilly, VA, right by Dulles. From there it depends on which job gives me the best offer. So far, it's between Blacksburg, Charlottesville and Alexandria.

It sucks that things didn't work out, but at least this way, I won't have $100,000 in interest to pay off and I'll be closer to family and friends in the process.

Your plan sounds great. I'm sure that eventually you'll be happy that things worked out in a different way, beginning with not having to repay that huge loan.

Good luck. Im a Virginia native. I miss it very much. Back to green. Say goodbye to rocks,sand, tumble weeds and insane hot summer weather temps.

Back