Movin' on up

TFaudree_ERAU

Mashin' dem buttons
Last week, we got a call from the company to go pick up our new Hawker 850XP from the factory in Little Rock. We knew they were looking at airplanes, but didn't know they had purchased one. For some reason, we, the flight crew, were kept completely out of the process. Also, even more unfortunately, the principals thought initial training was a 4 day course, so they neglected to give us enough notice to go to school before the airplane was ready. So, we went through all the steps to take delivery and then the captain flew it home with a demo pilot and I got to play business exec for 2 hours. I don't know why some of you say you'd want to be the one in the back some day. I got extremely bored, even with Friday Night Lights playing on the Airshow with the surround sound booming.

Anyway, Friday, I decided I should go ahead and schedule my ATP written. Today, I managed to pass it. Monday, I go to school for the ATP/type. Hopefully by the end of the month I'll a full fledged ATP with an HS125 type on the back of the new plastic.

PS: Pro Line 21 avionics are the shiz

Excellent!

Congrats on getting the written done and good luck with the type. It's nice to see there's progression out there.

Congrats!!!!!

Are you going to Simuflite in Dallas? I was just down there for recurrent/upgrade on the Hawker myself. I think you will enjoy flying the plane, it is easy to learn and nice to fly (although not the fastest thing in the sky!).

Are you going to Simuflite in Dallas?

Thanks. Going to FSI in Wilmington, DE.

(although not the fastest thing in the sky!).

Uh, you think! Coming out of the 55 where normal cruise is .77, .74 seems AAAAWFULLY slow. I guess now I'll know what all those airliners trying to save fuel feel like. Sorry, low blow.:pirate:

Just riding in the jumpseat during the acceptance and delivery flight, I can tell I'm going to enjoy it. Except the Hawkerese I'm going to have to learn to speak. P and X for the electrical system; are you kidding me?

The demo pilot popped the boards in cruise at FL270 and .73. Other than a slight rumble and a little tug at the seatbelt, nothing drastic happened, not even a pitch change. I couldn't believe how solid the airplane felt. And he didn't baby the lever, he SLAMMED it back!

Did I mention the Pro Line 21 is awesome?!

Yeah, we don't have the ProLine's, I am in an older -800.

The airbrakes are not that drastic, especially if you pull them out slow and easy. I think the training will be a breeze compared to the Lear. Have you ever heard of rudder bias??? (V1 cuts are a breeze, oops, did I just say that?)

HA, gotta love corporate communications!

Have fun with your new chariot.

Just for you Travis, I flew a Cirrus for the first time yesterday. The folks picked up a 22 in Louisville on Sunday.

Back