Most Senior Pilot: Regionals/Commuters

33 years, 3 days at ExpressJet.

Only 15 pilots out of about 2400 have > 15 yrs seniority.

Is PH still on leave? so that would be RB?

What would 2/80 get someone that decided to flow through? I thought there would be more than 15 that would be hired before 1994.

Is PH still on leave? so that would be RB?

What would 2/80 get someone that decided to flow through? I thought there would be more than 15 that would be hired before 1994.

Yeah, RB. #15's DOH is '90, #16 is '95.

2/80 would be #5 on the list. Most of those guys in the top 15 are off-line instructors.

Confirmed. He's a -900 CA in ATL.

At PNCL, I believe the most senior pilot has been with the company since year one, 1985, when we were Express I.

Yep... good old Glider dude.

I've flown with both #1 and #2 seniority pilots at this company, and I think the three digit employee number guy was more fun over a 3 day trip.

It is very interesting typing in only 2 or 3 digits into ACARS when normally I type in 5. (#1: < 99 = emp #; me: 17xxx)

I know for a fact the #1 900 captain in MEM is 30ish in the company and is at LEAST a 25 year guy. Im sure there are guys in MSP more senior to him.

At Dino' base(fellow P*monster knows which base is), #1 is 1977 - I think he still has 10 years before age 65 :eek:

I'm fairly certain the oldest pilot on the eagle seniority list is somewhere in the early 70's... aha... 1973.

Granted, one has to wonder- is this person still an active pilot, or just in a management/training pilot position somewhere?

I met the #1 pilot and the #2 pilot on Eagle's Seniority List.

Their names sound the same, spelled differently. The #1 was a Saab Captain - now an ATR captain, the #2 is a CRJ-700 captain (and was worried about getting displaced out of his CRJ seat.)

Their names sound the same, spelled differently. The #1 was a Saab Captain - now an ATR captain, the #2 is a CRJ-700 captain (and was worried about getting displaced out of his CRJ seat.)

I flew with the #1 guy before at Eagle. He was a training captain for the SAAB but at the time had a bid in to become a line holder on the CRJ and he was worried about having to bid his schedule. How hard would it be to bid one line?

Horizon has a whole bunch of guys who are career QX pilots. They're mostly guys who prefer the PNW QoL and Horizon's comparitively high pay scale to chasing the "golden ring".

and those 35 day schedules, getting paid for only 11 months out of the year right?:)

Wow the #1 guy in the company chooses to fly the SAAB?

Not everyone wants to fly a bigger aircraft.

On a side note I had heard at Eagle that Saabs have alot of day trips, so he might just want to chill at home all day.

He was a training captain and not a line holder. He mostly would do the final 3 landings in actual aircraft for the type rating. The thing at Eagle is that all training captains get 5 hours a month on the line to stay proficient and it was on one of these flights that I flew with him (he also did my type rating ride too). Good guy!

Here the most senior pilot(per domicile) is:
MSP CRJ 900 CA - DOH 1981
----------------------------
DTW CRJ 900 CA - DOH 1987
MEM CRJ 900 CA - DOH 1988

Quite the gap between MSP and DTW/MEM.

Am I correct to assume that MSP was the original station?

Yes! Because XJ used to do work for Republic(the real republic) while Simmons(now American Eagle) and Express One(now Pinnalce) were the NW Orient and and other Republic regionals in the 1980's. After that merger the regionals got shook around like the DCI carriers now. This industry has a way of repeating itself.:cool:

Back