More TSA Furloughs...

JumpWake

Notices went out today...

10 or so a month Jan 5th, Feb 5th, and Mar 5th with more to come in April and May. DOH back to July '07.

Bad times over here, meanwhile on the "other side" of the fence, our red-headed stepsister took delivery a shiny new toy this week, first of 15...
:banghead:

Burn baby, burn...

I noticed this from a buddy. Very sad indeed. He could not tell me. How much flying are you guys doing for Airways/UAL these days? Was American a good chunk or how is that all working over there right now.

I noticed this from a buddy. Very sad indeed. He could not tell me. How much flying are you guys doing for Airways/UAL these days? Was American a good chunk or how is that all working over there right now.

I'm based in RIC, so we dont do ANY Airways flying anymore...I believe we're down to 3 planes worth of flying for them out of PIT. Only, STL BDL and RDU.

As for the UAL flying, that seems to be the basket TSH is putting all their eggs into. AA is being cut severely starting in Jan '09. 2 birds a month leave to go to Eagle until May. In RIC, we dont do AA flying either, so I believe that only leaves 3 planes for AA flying. Not very much flying, so I'd be surprised if that's not axed all together.

We opened an IAD base at the end of October, and the RIC MX base is closing in January. I predict RIC will close early next year as ORD opens as a crew domicile and STL becomes a shell of what it used to be.:(

I had a GoJet Jumpseater on a few months ago. He was nice but embarassed to say he worked for GoJet. He did boast that they were getting new planes and how great they were. I couldn't help but think of my friends that were furloughed at TSA. I think that jumpseat wars are stupid but really didn't want him on. That really sucks for everybody over there.

Back