More recalls at RAH??

falconvalley

Absentee Dad of the OOTSK, Runner, Cat Frustrator
I normally hold off on rumors until they are practically yesterday's announcements, but I've heard from 2 completely different sources that a recall is expected soon. Perhaps (all) pilots back within 6 months. Don't know how to define "all pilots", as I have not been able to ask either original source.

Anybody hear anything about this??

It would be too hard for the company to get Airbuses and RAH pilots together at this point. I bet they would if they could, though.

If it's Frontier pilots coming back, then good for them. Obviously, there's nowhere for the Midwest pilots to go, yet. This recall would likely be Embraer or Airbus work.

I would only assume a recall would be needed to expand the Midwest/Frontier operations or have there been enough attrition lately?

On a side note... Flew from CLT-STL today on a DHD and probably met the "coolest" down to earth flight crew in which I have come across with RAH to this point. Really down to earth and have a great understanding of the things going on and where they want to see it go and are pushing for! Its great to see. Let alone we had a wager on who would make it back to CLT first, us or them, needless to say when you ferry a plane that had an engine failure it takes a little longer to get ready... But it was a fun day on the radio all the way back with them!

Who knows... We all shall see I guess, but BB was quoted in a video clip of saying RAH will be hiring... :)

Good news and best of luck to RAH and Frontier crews. With SWA and ATN revving up in MKE it's about to be all out war up there. May the best airline win

Question for the REP guys (and I don't want this to turn into a mud flinging thing)...

Last time I grabbed a ride on a 175 (for Airways) both the FAs and the CA making the welcome aboard PA used the verbiage "welcome aboard Republic Airlines, operating for US Airways Express". Actually, the Captain didn't even say "express". I wondering if ya'll got some sort of note about changing that around because up until recently (and on EVERY other USX carrier) it had been "US Airways Express, operated by XXXXXX". In fact, Republic was the only carrier in the past to even mention that any time OTHER than the whole welcome to your destination, thanks for flying with us speech.

Just wondering.

Yeah....On XJT flights we've been specifically told it's "CoEx" period. Then you get on a Kitty Coex flight and it's got all this Republic junk in the seat back pocket.

Colgan is so horribly run we arent told anything. We just make our S up on the fly.

Its amazing how other airlines care about the details.

I would only assume a recall would be needed to expand the Midwest/Frontier operations or have there been enough attrition lately?

On a side note... Flew from CLT-STL today on a DHD and probably met the "coolest" down to earth flight crew in which I have come across with RAH to this point. Really down to earth and have a great understanding of the things going on and where they want to see it go and are pushing for! Its great to see. Let alone we had a wager on who would make it back to CLT first, us or them, needless to say when you ferry a plane that had an engine failure it takes a little longer to get ready... But it was a fun day on the radio all the way back with them!

Who knows... We all shall see I guess, but BB was quoted in a video clip of saying RAH will be hiring... :)

He said RAH IS hiring pilots. Present tense! Wasn't received well by some people ;)

Question for the REP guys (and I don't want this to turn into a mud flinging thing)...

Last time I grabbed a ride on a 175 (for Airways) both the FAs and the CA making the welcome aboard PA used the verbiage "welcome aboard Republic Airlines, operating for US Airways Express". Actually, the Captain didn't even say "express". I wondering if ya'll got some sort of note about changing that around because up until recently (and on EVERY other USX carrier) it had been "US Airways Express, operated by XXXXXX". In fact, Republic was the only carrier in the past to even mention that any time OTHER than the whole welcome to your destination, thanks for flying with us speech.

Just wondering.

Don't quote me because I'm not at Republic, but I think they are supposed to say it the way US Airways requests.

I normally hold off on rumors until they are practically yesterday's announcements, but I've heard from 2 completely different sources that a recall is expected soon. Perhaps (all) pilots back within 6 months. Don't know how to define "all pilots", as I have not been able to ask either original source.

Anybody hear anything about this??

With all the stuff out there about rah I'm surprised they still have pilots on furlough. Best of luck, there no better news than recalls during these times.

And the Lynx Q400s we will be operating for Continental out of IAH. :eek: You heard it here first.

Wouldnt they already have crews? Or are you saying additional Q400's for RAH? That'd be interesting news indeed..... At least maybe you all would get a payrate that then Colgan could match!

News flash:

The recalls are for staffing a new Frontier A320 form USA 3000.

09/12/2009 Frontier A320-214 N204FR SN-2325 Leased From GECAS 9/09 ex N270AV

Kidding.
Well, the good news is that it's not a 190, right?

I read on another forum that RAH cancelled all remaining Q400 options yesterday. I can't find any press releases to back that up. Anybody else hear that?

I read on another forum that RAH cancelled all remaining Q400 options yesterday. I can't find any press releases to back that up. Anybody else hear that?

Yeah I heard that too. Also heard that Q400 growth is still a possibility but all future aircraft will come from overseas. BB told some Lynx group that he is sniffing around for contracts.

Back