More Info CAL Flight that Veered off Runway at DIA

Wing_96

Here's the story:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=6919912

Pilot quote:

"I felt my ass end sliding out from underneath me in a sideward motion," Captain David Butler told National Transportation Safety Board investigators. "The nose was pointing left, and the ass end was pointing the other way without any input on my part. My speculation is that we either got a big, nasty gust of wind or that, with the controls we had in, we hit some ice."

When did "The Waterboy" get hired at CAL?

the_waterboy.jpg

When did "The Waterboy" get hired at CAL?

the_waterboy.jpg

It's so funny you said that because I almost emphasized the words that the CA used to refer to the rear-end of the airplane. I was going to ask you 121 folk if that was a new techincal term. Just Kidding! :)

..den dat there ass-end went all catty-wumpus he'yuh den I tried to right it, but dat was no good...

I wonder if the term "ass-end" will be used in the NTSB findings.

Contributing factors:

The ass-end was not aligned with the nose.

DIA???? I thought that was in Denver, maybe at DEN???

I know, I just hate made up airport identifiers.

DIA???? I thought that was in Denver, maybe at DEN???

I know, I just hate made up airport identifiers.

The sad thing is I know that it's not the identifier, but used it anyway...and I don't really have a good explanation as to why I did.

I'm drinking my scotch now, but wasn't when I made the post. Go figure? :bandit:

Unfortunately DIA is not an IATA identifier, so I cant make fun of a CAL plane going off the runway of some random airport in Uganda.

Back