More ACA Furloughs

If a struggling airline can hire a low-hour pilot for less than what one of their furloughed pilots had been earning, couldn't they leave him on furlough indefinitely? Does that ever happen?
In other words, are there any airlines with people still on furlough that are hiring less-experienced people instead of bringing them back? I've had trouble finding solid stats on the hiring situation.

No an airline cannot hire new people when they have furloughs out theoretically.

Freedumb and Repubick airlines were formed for just that purpose, as a way to hire new pilots and put pressure on the other pilot group to accept a contract they normally wouldn't.

It's called "Alter Ego" airlines, and it's a new twist on an old trick.

On the other topic if this sidetracked thread, I went through Mesa/MAPD and I think they put out a pretty darn good product. Got me in an airline seat MUCH quicker than otherwise. I think it was worth the extra cash of course!

[ QUOTE ]
This brings up another problem with PFT and bridge programs that put super low time guys in the right seat. What do you do with 300 hours if you get furloughed?

[/ QUOTE ]

I met a couple of these guys at job fairs. Gulfstream graduates are in basically the same boat.

[ QUOTE ]

Hey Dave didn't you go to fsi and if yes what year did you go to aca?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was an instructor at FSI. The only training I received there was my MEI. I was hired by ACA in July 2002.

Back