Mokulele Alaska

Kingairer

'Tiger Team' Member
Mokulele and Alaska entered into an agreement. I guess this is an end around way of saying the EJet rumor came true there I guess.

It's Mokulaska....cool they can use their miles inter-island...there will be many more codeshare agreements for Mokulele to come...they're going to need them if all parties want this to work.

So, is this RAH flying Ejets for Mokulele flying for Alaska??

No...it's a codeshare between Mokulele and Alaska...the planes are already there. From what I understand, it just allows passengers booking flights through Alaska to also book inter-island flying through them as well.

The booking may put them on an Ejet or a Caravan depending on their destination.

Basically when you book yourself on Alaskan you can go straight from wherever to Kona or Lone'i as opposed to having to stop in Honolulu and then booking another ticket on Mokulele to get to Lone'i. 1 booking vs 2.

How come you hate Mokulele?

Went over to hawaii last march, they promised me (the CP "gave me his word") that I'd be in the airplane for a couple of weeks, that I'd be paid from the day I showed up, back paid from when I started the online training program back in anchorage. After flying twice in a month, and not getting paid at all, I took the $300 that was left of my entire savings and went back home. Worst experience of my life going out there. Didn't get paid, didn't get trained, and the whole environment of the place just left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Hell, I came into the office one day to wait 6 hrs for groundschool that never started, then I listened to 4 of the pilots complaining about another pilot because he scrubbed a flight when he thought the winds were too high. I wasn't impressed with the place to say the least, maybe it was just bad timing, I know that there's been a lot of turnover there recently, but whatever, I won't fly them when I go back to hawaii, that's for damn sure.

-pat

Dont blame ya.
But really this isnt Mokufukalele, this is really republic. They are using that name as the "local" airline.

Here's something interesting that I did not know:

Mokulele Airlines was acquired by Bill Boyer, a former Alaska Airlines ramp service agent, in 2005. Boyer is now the airline’s CEO. He is also the inventor of the digEplayer, the portable music and video player that still provides entertainment on Alaska’s long-haul flights.

Here's something interesting that I did not know:

He is an incredibly good guy in his defense. Despite my treatment there, which I believe had more to do with the CP, and Check Airmen, Bill Boyer was awesome. He took me aside one day and said, "I intend on making you pilots here, the best paid pilots in the island, bar none, its just gonna take time."

However, I don't think he fully understands running a 135.

Back