Mokulele Airlines Info

Piperflyer

Can Anyone tell me about Mokulele Airlines? Are they in operation? I looked at flightaware and couldn't find anything with them.
I'm thinking they might be a good option when I get F'ed.

They fly grand caravans as go! express. They also use their caravans for cargo for aloha.

I don't know much more than that except I have heard bad things about working there.

They have 6 208Bs and some more on order.

Can Anyone tell me about Mokulele Airlines? Are they in operation? I looked at flightaware and couldn't find anything with them.
I'm thinking they might be a good option when I get F'ed.

Not really, I got offered a job there in March, went out to Hawaii for a month and didn't get paid, didn't get flown, and barely got trained. Every week they said "wait until next week, then we'll have you up and running." I did that 4 weeks running, and was getting broke. I told the CP and the company flight instructors (there were no check airmen there at the time) that I was running short of cash and needed to be flying or paid soon. At that point they told me I could take a loan out from the owner of the company, or I could work the counter or wash planes. Which is the point at which I figured it was time to go back to Alaska.

They'll say a lot of good things, but they're just blowing smoke, and at the end of the day, you're only making $120/day to live in the most expensive place on earth. Yeah, it was Hawaii, and it was cool, but it was also one of the most stressful experiences of my life. The not knowing when you're going to get paid or if you're going to get trained is a real bitch.

Further, it looks like its their MO to get all of their employees in debt real so they have to stay. One of their FOs said "hey, you gotta put in your dues." I didn't think washing airplanes at the end of the day to pay may rent was putting in my dues. I'm a pilot not a ramper, and keep that in mind if you head out there.

thanks guys. How long ago did you gobout there? Were you going to be PIC?
I was told that they are growing rapidly and really need pilots. If that's true would you do it again? :)
The pay is 41K first year

thanks guys. How long ago did you gobout there? Were you going to be PIC?
I was told that they are growing rapidly and really need pilots. If that's true would you do it again? :)
The pay is 41K first year

Knowing what I know now. Definately not, I would have stayed where I was. I went there in March of 08. So my experience with the organization is recent. As for 41K the first year......bs. I was quoted 3000/mo for the first 120 days, then 3300 after that. Good luck, i'd go to amflight, hageland, grant, or airnet....baddddd juju

That's funny, I was in Alaska for a month Feb. to Mar. and couldn't get a 135 check in a 207. It was just about the same deal you had in Hawaii. I did get some flight time and per diem ($15/day) but that was it. The company was then bought out. I was stationed in Bethel. I must say Alaska is pretty expensive place also from my rapid experience.

I applied at Mokulele several times I sent resume. I called once and the HR told me that the HR had it in the pipeline. Real fast talk then hung up. I thought it may be a good company. Thanks for the input ppragman.

There are alot of dragons out there guys and the only way to change things is to stick together. The old put in your dues quote. Makes you feel like some sort of slave to get what you want and there is no other options. You owe it to them for giving you a chance! Did they pay you $120/day for washing planes? If there is a job to be done to help out the company then I'll do it but if that becomes a part time job I'd rather know about it before I spend hundreds of bucks on airline ticket to Hawaii to wash planes. That's not what you were there for. Keep the dragons posted.

That's funny, I was in Alaska for a month Feb. to Mar. and couldn't get a 135 check in a 207. It was just about the same deal you had in Hawaii. I did get some flight time and per diem ($15/day) but that was it. The company was then bought out. I was stationed in Bethel. I must say Alaska is pretty expensive place also from my rapid experience.

I applied at Mokulele several times I sent resume. I called once and the HR told me that the HR had it in the pipeline. Real fast talk then hung up. I thought it may be a good company. Thanks for the input ppragman.

There are alot of dragons out there guys and the only way to change things is to stick together. The old put in your dues quote. Makes you feel like some sort of slave to get what you want and there is no other options. You owe it to them for giving you a chance! Did they pay you $120/day for washing planes? If there is a job to be done to help out the company then I'll do it but if that becomes a part time job I'd rather know about it before I spend hundreds of bucks on airline ticket to Hawaii to wash planes. That's not what you were there for. Keep the dragons posted.

Yeah alaska can be pricey. Who did you end up with in Bethel?

As for getting a job up here, you kinda have to know someone if you're from outta state, or CFI to build alaska time, or have scads of 207 time, or something of that nature. Otherwise, it would be a similar scenario. As for cost of living, Hawaii blew me away, it was super expensive there for things that are cheap in alaska and vice versa so the cost of living is probably about the same.

I was with Arctic Circle Air. Station manager was a real piece of work to put it in a nice way. He was the worst pilot I ever flew with. He said nothing positive and every negative word was at 100,000,000 decibels while flying even with my volume knob off. I went back home to New Orleans.

Who are you with? Bethel, what a great place! :sarcasm: Is your company looking for pilots? I'm still willing to go if I can get a jump-seat back to N.O. on time off.

I was with Arctic Circle Air. Station manager was a real piece of work to put it in a nice way. He was the worst pilot I ever flew with. He said nothing positive and every negative word was at 100,000,000 decibels while flying even with my volume knob off. I went back home to New Orleans.

Who are you with? Bethel, what a great place! :sarcasm: Is your company looking for pilots? I'm still willing to go if I can get a jump-seat back to N.O. on time off.

I fly for spernaks in anchorage. But I hear both hageland and penair are looking for crews!

I looked into hag few weeks ago and didn't meet their mins. I just make penair mins. Thanks for passing the word! I'm hustling for some 208 time. They are so awesome looking on floats.

I looked into hag few weeks ago and didn't meet their mins. I just make penair mins. Thanks for passing the word! I'm hustling for some 208 time. They are so awesome looking on floats.

There aren't too many of them on floats up here really, they need to much space to take off.

Yeah, I know. I was look down the barrel of the scope. Gotta start out on the land first I figure. Would like to do some island hopping someday too. I just see more doors open if I can get into a 208. I'd fly just about anything on floats up there though. I really want a float or island hopping job ever since I started flying. I just love water and the sense of freedom it brings to me. Havana.

Back