Mokulele airlines 208's in scottsdale...

AZflyboy

Keep seeing mokulele registered 208's on the ramp in Scottsdale, probably the 3rd one I've seen now, just curious if anybody knows why or what they are doing in Scottsdale?

I know they have some new ones they are waiting to take into service. They are also trying to sell a few older ones as well. Could be either one of those things.

SDL has to be the most expensive place to park these. Why aren't they down in Goodyear or Marana?

You don't sell GA people on planes parked at a airline boneyard. The market is totally different. Put them in Scottsdale and people who want to look swanky without spending tons of money will be interested.

Any guess at the total time on them? After 20k hrs there are pretty expansive NDI's that are required annually.

Last edited:
Do freight ops use ex-pax birds? I would think they would stick with the OEM cargomasters.
You won't find any with purple tails but several brown feeders and specialized/ad-hoc carriers have ex-pax birds. We have just a few left (thankfully). They're fat pigs, even with the interiors stripped out, and are limited to certain routes. They average ~500lbs more than the older straight freight birds.
That being said, they're also typically always 675 horse birds so that helps during the winter a little in the boot-equipped birds.

You won't find any with purple tails but several brown feeders and specialized/ad-hoc carriers have ex-pax birds. We have just a few left (thankfully). They're fat pigs, even with the interiors stripped out, and are limited to certain routes. They average ~500lbs more than the older straight freight birds.
That being said, they're also typically always 675 horse birds so that helps during the winter a little in the boot-equipped birds.
That's a big difference in empty weight. I wouldn't have thought it was that much.

Back