Mobile Passport question

ATLTRACON(ret)

Returning back from MUC to ATL the other evening my usually reliable Mobile Passport kept giving me an error message and wouldn't allow me to use the service.

CBP said it probably has to do with my last passport being inundated with Iraq entry/exit visas, though my new passport is almost blank with just the two Germany stamps.

Has anyone else encountered this issue and if so, does it happen every time you try to re-enter the US, or will something like Global Entry fix this?

Thanks
Screenshot_20170417-211529.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Odd. I got temporarily bounced out of Global Entry because I had three valid passports at the same time.

Odd. I got temporarily bounced out of Global Entry because I had three valid passports at the same time.
How'd you manage to have 3? I've had 2 for over a decade, but never managed 3...

For the OP, Global Entry is the best. Get it and never look back!

Global entry rocks! Being the last person to get off the a plane and still clearing customs in about 5 minutes can't be beat!

Global Entry does have issues with multiple passports, but it seems like they've mostly ironed the bugs out of that.

The mobile passport app (to the best of my knowledge) stores your entire travel history, not just what is in your current passport. So I'd guess those multiple Iraq visas, even though they aren't in your paper passport, are what triggered the issue. I don't think GE tracks your travel history like that, so it should work better. Not to mention you get Pre Check out of the deal as well.

I know nothing about this. My thought when I saw your picture was that it looks like you're using a VPN (is that a VPN icon on your screen?)

I wouldn't be surprised if CBP flags requests coming from known VPN servers. That's all I got.

How'd you manage to have 3? I've had 2 for over a decade, but never managed 3...

For the OP, Global Entry is the best. Get it and never look back!

Well, my primary. Then I had one with my Chinese work visa and then another with my Russian work visa. When I'd have to carry a Schengen states work visa on top of the other two, one was always expiring so it's easier just to keep them on separate passports.

Well, my primary. Then I had one with my Chinese work visa and then another with my Russian work visa. When I'd have to carry a Schengen states work visa on top of the other two, one was always expiring so it's easier just to keep them on separate passports.
Good to know. I never knew you could get a 3rd.

I know nothing about this. My thought when I saw your picture was that it looks like you're using a VPN (is that a VPN icon on your screen?)

I wouldn't be surprised if CBP flags requests coming from known VPN servers. That's all I got.

True, VPN Unlimited, but it wasn't turned on at the time.

Back