MMPI stuff!

Raydon

Hey! Woohoo! Time for another "raydon thread" if you want to call it that.

I was hanging out at the local bar and grill tonight talking with one of my friends who works for the county mental health administration and.. much to my surprise, after first finding out that she is in the mental health sector in the first place.. she knows a LOT about the MMPI testing for both in-patient and county/state/federal employment!

So.. after mingling in the MMPI threads here over the last couple of days and asking myself "Do I, or don't I believe that things are turning out the way the prophets predicted?" I had to ask her a couple of questions about some of those odd-ball questions they like to throw out there that have maybe been throwing us off-kilter in practice and testing since we started applying.

Here's what she told me:

The important questions on the test, which they emphasize upon review are those having to do with your ability to make decisions, contribute to a work environment and work under the supervision of other individuals. Basically.. think of it as being one of those "tell me about yourself" segments of a face-to-face interview.. but entirely invasive and uninhibited from an interpersonal standpoint.

If you come across a question that you don't necessarily believe in.. or one of those "double-edge-sword-ish" questions.. like the prophets.. just answer false.. because let's face it.. religion is one thing.. but prophetic following and self-diviniation is just madness.. kinda like that movie "there will be blood."

So.. given we're probably all smart enough to realize that level-headedness is the key in these exams.. don't sweat the weird stuff, keep it simple, and embody the old-timey "yes sir, no sir" approach to the workplace.

It was great to be able to talk to someone about the MMPI directly and found it a great help in not getting too worked up over it.. I hope you enjoyed it too!

Thanks for creating a new thread for this because it would have been crazy to put this info in the current MMPI thread. Good job! Raydon strikes again!

Raydon's thread count just makes him high-quality. Don't be jealous!

millesimo350.jpg

On a serious note, though, I won't feel a bit better about anything MMPI-related until I have that clearance confirmed about twelve times over. It is nice, however, to have some inside opinion that "sane" people are evaluating the results at the end of the day.

Back