Miramar Airshow

Nark

Macho Superpilot
Anybody going?

I'll be there Friday to enjoy it.

I was volun-told to be there for Sat.

Ill be there all day Sat.
Driving down Fri night.

If you on base Sat, we should do something.

I'll back into town this weekend so I'm going to try to drop in on Sunday. According to the (tentative) afternoon schedule, there is a F-22 Raptor demonstration. I have yet to see an F-22, so this could be a first!

Shoot. I wanna go!

I think i'll go tomorrow though. Anyone from the Inland Empire going? Maybe bum a ride? Haha

Any time before 1500. I'll be serving food in tent 15, yeah!!

Were you referring to serving food before or after 1500, because I stopped by tent 15 ohh around 1700 ...realllly hungry hoping to find you there, and all I found was a bunch of kids getting there faces painted green and brown!:mad: Good thing there was a $5.00 cheeseburger stand over by tent 23...Geeez talk about false advertising:rolleyes: :sarcasm:

I was at FOOD tent 15. Just inside the entrance to the grandstands.

Got to catch a break to see "both" walls of fire, despite the slight rain.

Good show otherwise.

Mmmm... ok it must have been a different tent 15, because the tent 15 I went to was way inside on the far west end of the ramp, by the tower.
Yea I had started my 15 min walk to my car when the wall of fire show started. About 7 min into that walk, of course it started raining, and of course I didn't have an umbrella, and of course I had new swade shoes on!:mad: dammmmmmmmmmmmIT! oH WELL it was well worth it, the show was awesome!

Such an incredible show!
Cant wait to get my pics up, and edit my video together.

I was at FOOD tent 15. Just inside the entrance to the grandstands.

Got to catch a break to see "both" walls of fire, despite the slight rain.

Good show otherwise.

I actually happened to buy some food from 15!
But it was about 1430, and I didn't wanna randomly ask the people working if you were working already... The girl I was with wanted to go somewhere else for her food too...
Next time!

ok first off, not a good idea to post while or after enjoying some fine brew: Fat Tire 1554, here goes:

Miramar 08:
-leave work on Friday at 0330, arrive at Miramar MCAS front gate at 0500 after changing out of scrubs into more comfortable attire suitable for an airshow, i.e. my El Toro MCAS mustard yellow tshirt always worn at Miramar Airshows
-park truck right in front of 3rd MAW headquarters building
-try to sleep in truck
-wake up and use the head inside 3rd MAW HQ, talk with Sgt Major about the good ol days of El Toro
-try to sleep more, total sleep about 2hrs
-wake up around 9 something and think, ill just go out for a little while and then come back for sunscreen and hat
-photograph most of the static displays on the eastern side of the displays.
-find USAA has a cool vendor site with an elevated deck so I go up there to take photos.
-wonder how bad sunburn will be while waiting for the Marine Air Ground Task Force(MAGTF) demo.
-post MAGTF, head to truck for a break, short walk thank you. Apply sunscreen and get cover, use HQ head again. While on break I miss the F-22 demo, get a couple shots from my parking spot.
-head back in and discuss mins to fly for CDF OV-10s/S-2Ts with the salty female pilot. Check out the Osprey, etc in the area
-Locate spot to watch the blues from the most western viewing area. Photograph the blues!
-Leave MCAS Miramar via the West Gate...wasn't that bad considering on a Sat/Sun it would usually be about an hour wait to get off the base.
-get some wonderful Burger King and take a nap, bout another hour.
-Wake up and drive home, seriously sunburnt and exhausted.

-PRICELESS!

Such an incredible show!
Cant wait to get my pics up, and edit my video together... The girl I was with wanted to go somewhere else for her food too...Next time!
Thats why I don't bring people to airshows...I'm usually on my own flight plan.

Back