Minimum flight time for jobs

the question I'm always left with after hearing such an argument is, where do you draw that line? What is enough realistic compensation?

To answer your second question first. Everybody's situations are different, you are mostly likely to get a lot of different answers for that. In my situation, I can't afford to take vacation. I actually pick up some open time(during vacation), so I can pay some bills and rainy day fund. ;)

Where or when to draw the line? From my very little experiences with different CAs or FAs of ny company, Answer is always QOL. Once again, aspect of QOL may vary between person to person. For example, some of CAs at my base, they just want to make a little more money before they retire. Others, might want to specific days off...etc. Bottom of line of this question, you have to figure out your own answer. What is the best for your situation? ;)

just my 0.02

While your point is valid and I agree, the question I'm always left with after hearing such an argument is, where do you draw that line? What IS enough realistic compensation?

There are definitely times in my job when I say "I can't believe they're paying me to do this", and other times when I say "they're not paying me NEARLY ENOUGH to do this"....and I make six figures.

How do I say this....ahhh check your PM's.

While your point is valid and I agree, the question I'm always left with after hearing such an argument is, where do you draw that line? What IS enough realistic compensation?

There are definitely times in my job when I say "I can't believe they're paying me to do this", and other times when I say "they're not paying me NEARLY ENOUGH to do this"....and I make six figures.

Your job isn't solely flying however. You have other duties and responsibilities, which I imagine would make flying a nice hiatus at times.

However, as for reasonable compensation, I know I'll get flamed for it, but I think we make enough as pilots, maybe a little too much, with the exception of FOs (nobody should make less than $30k/year starting as a professional).

Back