Military Flight Physical

Boilermaker21

On the topic of an airforce flight physical, would you recommend getting one prior to interviewing with guard/reserve boards, or should one wait?...Ive heard different thing from different units......some units won't give you one until they have selected you, but i've heard that having the physical passed and out of the way makes you look better to a selection board....is this something i could arrange through a recruiter?....

[ QUOTE ]
On the topic of an airforce flight physical, would you recommend getting one prior to interviewing with guard/reserve boards, or should one wait?...Ive heard different thing from different units......some units won't give you one until they have selected you, but i've heard that having the physical passed and out of the way makes you look better to a selection board....is this something i could arrange through a recruiter?....

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally, they'll set you up for a physical once you're selected.

I had always thought it was something done after you were selected .... but if you can get it done ahead of time, I'd give it a try.
It'll let the board (and yourself) know you already meet FCI standards.

Yea...I dont know how involved the flight physical is...i've heard from a person or two that its fairly in depth....Ive got no problems passing a 1st class medical, 20/20 vision uncorrected & no restrictions.....but I was thinking, if for some reason some odd ball item kept me from passing a military physical then might as well find out about it now than go ahead and possibly get a slot and go through the motions to find out i can't go any further....

Just a quick note - before applying for a Reserve pilot/nav position, you MUST have your physical completed, certified, and in the package to meet the board. The Guard bureau for each state determines whether or not the physical has to be done first (although it seems most people I know were selected for the position first, then did their physical - that's why a few Guard units pick primary and alternate appointees).

Diane

See i'm hearing different thing from different people....ive been in contact with a current pilot and recruiter at Grissom, and they informed me that they only give physicals to people they have already selected....so i cannot go ahead and get one and have it completed....but i recieved a pilot application from another unit, and they say to have one completed.....???? nobodys stories match up, maybe its just different everywhere.....so i figure the best thing is to find a way to go ahead and get one and have it done....cant really go wrong with that i suppose...thanks for the reply.....

actually, are you just speaking about the Guard, or guard & reserve?....do they have different processes for the flight phsyicals?

Physical before/after interview varies by unit, I say again, it varies by unit.

Out.

Back