milestones in training

skidz

I broke one today, 200 TT...took me darn near 5.5 years, but I expect it to go faster from here :)

what were yours?

Matt13C

I just crossed the 100 total time, it was exciting. Added onto the total with my long cross for IFR last weekend.

Congrats and good luck on the adventure.

cmsuav8r

I've been sitting 1.2 hours short of 300 for 2 months... does that count for anything? lol

KC Jake

It took me about six years to go from 0 to 200. After that, it took me less than a year to go from 200 to 600.

slushie

C56X ATP CFII MEI
Yep. It speeds up a little bit. I did more this year (with several months of no flying) than I did in my first 5 years!

slushie

C56X ATP CFII MEI
Congrats, Skidz. I've heard 200 is one of those time plateaus when the insurance company thinks you're a little safer. Most likely because sometime between 80 and 175 you pooped your pants and stopped thinking "man, I've got this flying thing down pretty good!"

am I right?

skidz

Congrats, Skidz. I've heard 200 is one of those time plateaus when the insurance company thinks you're a little safer. Most likely because sometime between 80 and 175 you pooped your pants and stopped thinking "man, I've got this flying thing down pretty good!"

am I right?

You're absolutely right. While I never really got too comfortable with everything, I did learn how things can easily turn into really unforgiving situation that all of a sudden one can lose the control over. I don't think 200 hours is enough to be a well rounded pilot, but I'm trying to do my best :)

SFCC/UND

I think I filled two pages in my logbook in three days. I used to take me forever when I was training. When I got my first paycheck blew it on a Light speed Zulu headset. Got to celebrate somehow, student pilots were trying to kill me during spin training awareness.