Miami Air

Mach82

Can anyone shed some light into this charter company? They called me to set up an interview next week. Any tips for the interview since this is my first dispatcher interview?

I know that they fly NASCAR, Military, and sports teams around in their 737-4/7/800s.

Thanks,
Cole

I don't know anything about them but 737 experience would be nice to have down the road when trying to get on with a major. Just look for threads on this board about interview advice and follow the advice given, be yourself, and you should do fine!

cole/mach82;
congrats on landing the interview...best of luck.. advise if possible how things go, if you learn of schedules and pay, the info will be greatly appreciated. best regards and my two cents for preparing...
atp book
weather charts, theory
all the best!
MP

Congrats on the interview. Did the 121 supplemental charter dispatch before. Some of the best experience you will ever receive. Loved doing it as every day is truely a different day flying to different places. Some of the trips you dispatch will stay in you mind forever.

Always better to have too many interviews than none :) Best of luck with whatever you end up choosing. I had a very short internship with Miami Air. Great group of people for the most part.

A well-run company from the looks of it. Not too many operations a day (maybe 4-8 a shift) while I was there. They do mostly continental US but there are def. international operations. Not much else comes to mind. Hope that helps :)

Just got called by Pinnacle for an interview also. How is this for an travel itinerary....MEM on Monday to interview then fly to MIA for another interview Tuesday then fly home to BOS and return to work!!

Pinnacle did just file bankruptcy, fyi. Also, in addition to shutting down Colgan this year, Pinnacle is also losing 16 jets in January. That said, the turnover rate there was already quite high, so you can move up in seniority pretty quickly.

For the interview, it's basically read a metar/taf, does this need an alternate, read a notam, how long is this metar/taf valid for, affects of icing, and a few quick HR questions.

Pinnacle did just file bankruptcy, fyi. Also, in addition to shutting down Colgan this year, Pinnacle is also losing 16 jets in January. That said, the turnover rate there was already quite high, so you can move up in seniority pretty quickly.

For the interview, it's basically read a metar/taf, does this need an alternate, read a notam, how long is this metar/taf valid for, affects of icing, and a few quick HR questions.
I've already had an interview with them back late last year and declined their offer

Back