Metro drivers ...looking for some help

determined2fly

I was just given a class date on short notice to attend flight saftey San Antonio to get PIC type . I'm just looking for info on what to expect and what I should focus on this weekend. Thank you. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Don't fear the aircraft. Respect what stupid engineering can do to you.

That said, know those systems the best you can. If you can get a POH before going that will help a ton.

The sim will be a bit touchy and is essentially a new plane every time. The actual aircraft is nothing like the sim beyond looks. The nosewheel steering is very touchy in the sim. I ran the plane off the runway a few time when I first hopped in because the BE99 I was flying before required large inputs for small changes.

V1 cuts aren't too bad. Especially if you take your time on a longer runway.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I appreciate the advice. I'm looking forward to training. I was able to get the systems checks and memory items on PDF so I have been looking over that. After a year of flying this beast right seat looking forward to moving over to the left.

Who flies a metro with an SIC anymore? I think I know of 1 pax metro/merlin 3 in the usa.

Who flies a metro with an SIC anymore? I think I know of 1 pax metro/merlin 3 in the usa.

"You fly alone? Everyone else uses two pilots when doing this charter" Is what I hear all the time. Seems many companies still use two pilots for cargo. Go figure.

"You fly alone? Everyone else uses two pilots when doing this charter" Is what I hear all the time. Seems many companies still use two pilots for cargo. Go figure.

It makes sense on autoparts flying, but only with two captains. It potentially allows us to fly 16 hours with 16 hours of duty. Of course it will never work out like that, but we consistently fly over eight hours in a 15 hour duty day.

It makes sense on autoparts flying, but only with two captains. It potentially allows us to fly 16 hours with 16 hours of duty. Of course it will never work out like that, but we consistently fly over eight hours in a 15 hour duty day.
That would be a sucky day.

any chance you can send me those pdfs if they arent exclusive for the company? that'd be sweet to check out

I work for one. And I bet it's not the one you're thinking of. 2 pilot crews get an extra 2 hours, in many cases this is the only reason we do it.

I work for one. And I bet it's not the one you're thinking of. 2 pilot crews get an extra 2 hours, in many cases this is the only reason we do it.
Haha, I love how having someone sitting next to me makes me not tired!

SICs, someone to load my freight and to answer my radio calls on 4+ hour flights while Im sleeping in the back in a sleeping bag.

Haha, I love how having someone sitting next to me makes me not tired!
No kidding! Blasting an ipod is WAY more effective at keeping me awake and sane! I don't care about single pilot vs. crew, but the ipod is definitely more effective with the fatigue thing. inb4 YOUR dainjerus!

Just "Cooperate and Graduate." Flight Safety does a good job. Study the lims and maybe the memory items. You should have study materials on myflightsafety.com

I think most of us in this part of the forum prefer to work alone!o_O
Ya, unfortunately most of my experience with a person in the right seat of my airplane thus far has probably jaded me for awhile on FO's. In my current situation I want to be alone.

Back