Metoclopramide and Dicyclomine

moulds80

Hello! I was just wondering if you knew off hand if either Metoclopramide(Reglan) or Dicyclomine were disqualifying for Class 2 Medical clearance with the FAA. I have been using them for years to treat IBS and a minor Hiatal Hernia. I don’t think the drugs are disqualifiers because in reviewing the list of disqualifying medical conditions nothing relating to IBS or Hiatal Hernia was listed, but I would hate to get a surprise at a PEPC for Air Traffic Control, especially since I could probably still live fine without either drug. Thanks and have a great day!

Thank you for the fast response! Do you know if there are any alternate drugs which would be acceptable or why those two drugs are specifically excluded? I presumed them to be fairly regular prescriptions with wide usage.

One last question, if I were to suspend use of these drugs for over the counter alternatives and be able to show that the prescription has been cancelled, and not filled for three to four months before the interview, would that be sufficient enough to potentially have the medical cleared, or is the timeframe already to late? One of the last prescription fill dates is nearly 6 months old as I do not take the medication regularly, only before certain meals to treat the Hiatal Hernia. Thank you again for all of your immediate help with this, I am very happy I researched it.

That would not be a problem. The drugs used to treat hiatal hernia re Prilosec and Protonix, not metoclopramide (very old drug we don't use any more).

Back