Metar Help

The total precipitation received during the last
hour. P0000 indicates 0/100's of an inch and
P0001 would indicate 1/100's of an inch.

[ QUOTE ]
ok METAR pros... what does THIS mean, in the remarks section: 53017

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a 3-hour pressure tendency indicator. "5" being the code grouping for the report. "3" being code for "Decreasing or steady, then increasing; or increasing, then increasing more rapidly". "17" meaning a change of 1.7 hectopascals higher than it was 3 hours ago.

I had to look that one up.
crazy.gif

THANKS!

where did you look that up? I talked to the nice lady at NOAA and she faxed me the table with the codes you just described. It is FAA Form 7900.5b Manual Wx Observers or something like that. I could not find this table in the more obvious pilot documents, like "Aviation Weather Services" (AC 00-45E)

AOPA has on their website under weather, really helpful sheets explaining how to decode the METARs/TAFs

yeah, I found that too. Pretty cool document. I sure wish it existed as a PDF somewhere, so I could just print it out. Thanks all.

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, I found that too. Pretty cool document. I sure wish it existed as a PDF somewhere, so I could just print it out. Thanks all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can make a PDF for ya!

Here Yah Go!!! You just have to change the file type extension from .exe to .zip. The whole thing is there, divided into chapters!!!

First person to download it, let me know that it works!

7900.5B

i used WinZip and extracted it. It extracted into a 7900.b folder, and inside it was a bunch of pdf's for each chapter.

While not a perfect solution, at the least this is very useful.

[ QUOTE ]
i used WinZip and extracted it. It extracted into a 7900.b folder, and inside it was a bunch of pdf's for each chapter.

While not a perfect solution, at the least this is very useful.

[/ QUOTE ]

My Comcast account won't let anybody download .zip files, so that was really the only way I could get it to you. Now, if I could figure out a way to merge all those pdf files into one....anybody know how??

[ QUOTE ]
Worked fine here, thanks for that!

[/ QUOTE ]

No prob!! Just trying to do my share for the team!!

Back