Messed up on E-QIP...:(

ajw204

Hey guys, i sent in my stuff for the background check on e-qip. everything was accurate to my knowledge, and then i realized that i forgot to include one job that i worked for 2 months in 2004. what should i do??? i'm worried.:confused:

Hey guys, i sent in my stuff for the background check on e-qip. everything was accurate to my knowledge, and then i realized that i forgot to include one job that i worked for 2 months in 2004. what should i do??? i'm worried.:confused:

Start looking for another career... :banghead:

Seriously, don't worry about it.

your screwed man. Not only did you misrepresent yourself, but you commited a felony in the process.

your screwed man. Not only did you misrepresent yourself, but you commited a felony in the process.

I think they give you a chance at the PEPC to correct any errors or submit any changes since you filled it out. Just be sure to bring it up...

The online process means nothing really as you have no yet signed your name in ink.

The online process means nothing really as you have no yet signed your name in ink.

just like any online transaction, by checking the box, and submitting, you are in essence attaching your signature to it. This is the government, you arent gonna get by with a cock-a-mayme excuse like that.

Do you have a rep to contact? If not contact the main number on ASAP (if you can get through) and let them know that you forgot about one job you had for a very short time and you need to add that to your information. That is the only answer to your situation I can think of...other than just waiting it out.

what do you mean by this? i also faxed signed copies of the release forms and credit report...

Well since you signed in ink on the dotted line guess it sticks then. Though the instructions were clear about when and where you sign.

If I were you I would just e-mail the info to your HR rep. Print out a dated copy of the e-mail and if a question ever arises about it pull out your e-mail and you will be fine.

Not sure if this helps but it appears that the only document that you need to have sent back immediately is the credit check (DOT-1631) At least that is how I read my E-QIP e-mail.

"After completing e-QIP, you should release your document as instructed. The certification and release pages will be printed and signed when you process through the PEPC. It is also recommended that you complete and return the attached DOT Form 1631."

(my underlining to emphasize) If you have also e-mailed the HR rep, I think you will be fine. Anyone interpret their e-mail differently?

I interpreted it as this: Don't sign anything now. You will do it at the PEPC.

Now, when I emailed my DOT form, just for the hell of it I asked about the signature pages assuming I already knew the answer.

This is the reply I got:

Hello Kevin,

Yes, you can forward your signature and release pages to the same e-mail address: weirdaddress@faa.gov.

Lakeisha

So, which is it?

I spoke with D Van this morning and she said to email the DOT form to the AWA....faa.gov address and that we'd sign the docs from the 86 at the PEPC. She said nothing would start, as far as the background clearances, until after the PEPC. She mentioned that having us fill them out early was new this time around and was being done to save us time at the PEPC.

ok i contacted my HR rep and they relayed the messages around. Whoever was in charge rejected my form SF-85P and told me to make the necessary corrections. thanks for those who helped.

i was just messing with u anyways playa, I didnt put a bunch of criminal things I had because I thought they had been dismissed/nol processed, but they def found it. it was really just a delay as they had to rework my paperwork

i was just messing with u anyways playa, I didnt put a bunch of criminal things I had because I thought they had been dismissed/nol processed, but they def found it. it was really just a delay as they had to rework my paperwork

It is nice to see everyone is honest on their backgrounds:sarcasm:

yeah that was not funny at all

Does the e-QIP require you to submit your medical information, or is that not done until the actual PPEPC date?

Back