Mesaba hiring status question

I moved this post out of the 10-page long and 3-month old thread it was originally posted in. It's a valid question, and deserves discussion/answers but please do not post to 3 month old threads :)

Yeah its just slow and I'd need to call Barb in HR to get it straight from the horses mouth. Its july 4th so it'll take me a couple days to get a response. Although I'd suggest PM'ing WalterSobok (spelling sucks). Look for the bigger monkey with the gun :). He knows a lot more than I do about it.

I moved this post out of the 10-page long and 3-month old thread it was originally posted in. It's a valid question, and deserves discussion/answers but please do not post to 3 month old threads :)

Whoops, my bad.:eek: I posted there because it was the on going Mesaba threat.

As far as I know. There are no scheduled new hire classes for atleast a month. Those in it have already been hired. We are fairly well staffed and after the next shuffle of FO's on the 10th I think we will probably have about 2 or 3 900 classes which could include some new hires. By the numbers the only thing we need is about 30-35 more 900 CA's to be at the magical 10-1 pilots per airplane. Send it in what the heck.

Thanks for the info. Depending on what happens at the end of August, I'll likely consider sending in the app.

or why not just send in an app? Who knows.

Most likely we wont be hiring too many new hires in the near future it seems unfortunately(unless there is an upturn of some sort, or we get some more 900's)....but doesnt hurt to give it a shot regardless. The app is still up on the website for people to fill out.

Actually, a job posting from Mesaba for FOs just popped up on WFFF job page today - early AM 7/13/08. Go to their website to fill out online app.

I interviewed there in early March with 440tt/11me - was sent to drug testing and went home with a letter of conditional employment - then got a rejection letter a week later saying that I can re-apply in 6 months - so I'm out until Sept. It was my first interview experience w a regional - relatively painless.

Back