Mesaba hiring/interview

Guys...just my opinion...But I wouldn't get too bent out of shape over the "he's got 400hrs, I've got 800hrs" issue. You really can't guess what the other guy's situation is, how he interviewed, his background etc. All you can do is look at how you did and ask what you can do better next time around. The hour difference 400 vs. 800 seems like a pretty small difference to me.
True dat, but trying to make sense of the 400 hr guy getting an interview and the 800 hr guy not is puzzling, to say the least.

Yes, I know my multi time is low, but then, AngelFuree got an interview and the job with just 27 hrs ME, and 250 fewer hours TT than me.

I'll be honest, I'm getting tired of all the "I have xxxx hours and didn't get hired, Mesaba sux b/c they didn't pick me but picked some other guy..." crap on all of the airline forums.

Fact: The most recent group of saab new hires in training (8) includes at least 4 121 guys and 1 135 guy (including a guy from a 'LCC').

Rumor: One of the next classes is supposedly all 121 guys.

There is absolutely no bias against 121 pilots... but there are a lot of other things that may be considered, which no HR department would probably ever let anyone know about.

Hehe. Well I agree Dan.

I've been trying my best to talk to HR and find out if there is any advice they want to pass out to interviewers. Couldn't get a word in edgewise.

I am a little sick of the complaints. I understand some of the frustration though. I'm trying to get a friend of mine in and it is getting nowhere fast. Maybe when I'm there for RGS next month I can corner a few people.

Yeah, well, guys at Mesaba are a bunch of poopy faces.

What are ya gonna do about that?

Huh?

Yeah that's what I thought.

No snow yet, so instead I've taken to calling some random guy and a buddy from college poopy faces online. I'm also kinda between jobs what with the furlough happening October 1st and then skiing not starting until mid December.

I almost put an application into Mesaba the other day, but I think I'm bailin' outta this career path. It'd be nice to move back home to Michigan and be based at home, but it doesn't look like it's gonna work out for me.

John, you're just confused because you got married, and your whole life has no purpose now. :)

Hehe. Well I agree Dan.

I've been trying my best to talk to HR and find out if there is any advice they want to pass out to interviewers. Couldn't get a word in edgewise.

I am a little sick of the complaints. I understand some of the frustration though. I'm trying to get a friend of mine in and it is getting nowhere fast. Maybe when I'm there for RGS next month I can corner a few people.

Yeah, getting through to HR has been tough hasn't it. I think they are just so swamped right now with all of the hiring.

Back